AAS Strum GS-2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This sounds awesome. I haven't been able to strum electric or string studio
with hi gain amp sims without getting a clunk when releasing the key.
I've turn all FX off, and tried tweeking many settings. Is anyone using these with hi gain amp sims.

Got a mail from them regarding their sale, 89 bucks is tempting. They don't do a lot of things, but what they do is solid. Love their Rhodes emulation. If only their UA2 had a bigger interface, the sound of it is really good. I hope they will do an electric and acoustic bass emulation one day, bass is so neglected somehow...

AAS Strum GS-2 is absolutely amazing. In my view, AAS is a wonderful creator of instruments, so musical and inviting.
I have and love Chromaphone, String Studio, Ultra Analog, Lounge Lizard and Strum. Magical stuff.

Their summer sale ends today, wondering if I should get the Strum thingy.
I was thinking of getting the Strum thingy, but accidentally discovered on their site that String Studio can do guitars as well (I never cared about that Sting plugin before because I thought it was a string machine :hihi: ).

I am mainly looking for authentic acoustic guitars (Brazilian style), which both Strum and String Studio seem to have. What is the difference?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Their summer sale ends today, wondering if I should get the Strum thingy.
I was thinking of getting the Strum thingy, but accidentally discovered on their site that String Studio can do guitars as well (I never cared about that Sting plugin before because I thought it was a string machine :hihi: ).

I am mainly looking for authentic acoustic guitars (Brazilian style), which both Strum and String Studio seem to have. What is the difference?
I don't have the new version of String Studio so I can't speak to that, but Strum GS2 now includes Electric Strum.. such a value!!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Their summer sale ends today
guys !! buy Chromaphone for 99 $ while you can , because it really deserve the 199 $ it cost with no reduction ...this instrument is awesome and very creative ...

Why would I buy the percussion thingy when I am interested in acoustic guitar sounds? 8)

Why would I buy the percussion thingy when I am interested in acoustic guitar sounds? 8)
because it is unique and really good sounding ...

back to your main discussion , do you really produce 'real guitar ' with these plugins ?
(no offense , but i'm guitar player and i 'm curious to know how people can replace real guitar..)
Do you have a link to your compositions to let me hear the plugin in action ?

I think it sounds pretty good, check the guitar in the video at around 2:35 on. That is just what I want.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/string-studio-vs-2/

And when I saw the presets with basses, pianos and everything I simply bought it :D I already have the Rhodes emulation which is very good, so I am sure I won't be disappointed by String Studio.

the sound of the plugin itself seems to be pretty good , but the way to play 'guitar' with a keyboard ... a little something is missing , but maybe with automation it could be correct.But God ! I LOVE the strings a 3:26 of the video !!

:smack: :smack: :smack: my wife will kill me !

It could do so much than a guitar , i will abuse it for pad , and synth :D

Thx Jrrshop 84 $ and fast delivery...

One thing that's nice about AAS once you buy a product they give you CRAZY discounts on upgrades! Since I had Strum GS 1 I got Strum GS 2 for $29 that's like a sore d**k ...you can't beat it!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

I find it odd that there is no good string pad in there, at least I have not found one, yet. String Studio implies string sections in my view...

hivkorn wrote:the sound of the plugin itself seems to be pretty good , but the way to play 'guitar' with a keyboard ... a little something is missing , but maybe with automation it could be correct.But God ! I LOVE the strings a 3:26 of the video !!

:smack: :smack: :smack: my wife will kill me !

It could do so much than a guitar , i will abuse it for pad , and synth :D

Thx Jrrshop 84 $ and fast delivery...
Sorry if I caused you to waste money and get killed :P
I bought it because I still have money left on my PP account because of all the stuff I sold.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry if I caused you to waste money and get killed
maybe it can be our secret ? :D

fluffy_little_something wrote:I find it odd that there is no good string pad in there, at least I have not found one, yet. String Studio implies string sections in my view...
String Studio VS-2 is a string modeling synthesizer plug-in that swaps the traditional oscillator sound source for a string.

With its picks, bows, hammers, fingers, frets, dampers, and soundboards, it is a unique blend of acoustic modeling and regular synth-control features—you won’t believe how crazy you can go with a simple string.
Sorta like Image Lines Sakura

Return to “Instruments”