MuLab 6.5.29 released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sl23 wrote:It is a bit awkward having to try to move it when most of it isn't showing and not simply because other components are in the way but because it's not visible. If it's not visible it can't be clicked on to drag it.
But why did you go into that situation? Ie. the situation where you totally covered a component eg the DNP.
Could be a pain in the arse in certain situations.
If you totally cover components then yesthey're totally covered which is an unpractical situation but i don't understand why you would go that way?

Taron wrote:I always have to hook a note modifier between the DrumNoteProcessor and the respective synth, but you always have to open the note modifier to adjust the transpose, which also involves a certain amount of guessing, of course. It would certainly be extremely elegant, if you could set the note it should play explicitly for each pad such as: [C4] [F2] [A2] [G3] [C8]...and so on, you know.
By the way, that's exactly how it works on a midi keyboard with such drum pads. :)
But, of course, it's in that grey-zone between convenience and need. But so many things are...
Ah about the DNP you mean, thought you were talking about the new Note Key Pad. Yes i agree that the DNP should get more setup options. Taken note on the wishlist, though it will not be for M6.5 anymore, sorry. Because i'm working towards release and a little holiday, then i'll continue working on the next mu steps ;)

sl23 wrote:
mutools wrote: I don't get it. Why do you want to change the note pad key 'live' while making music. I think it's more a patch design property which is defined during patch creation.
Have you used a Korg ER-1? It has a pitch knob. I found this useful not just for patch creation but composition too! It could give some ideas on how to use different pitched drums in a project. Obviously, unless you were really accurate you couldn't record these knob movements, but it could give quick variations without going into depth. Do you see what I mean?
Yes i see. Thinking MUX i would rather do this using a NKP followed by a Note Modifier but then the NM needs to evolve so that Transpose and Velocity are real parameters where it are static properties now. I remember this has been requested already. It's indeed on the wishlist, i just double-checked.

As I explained, maybe not clearly enough, I opened a front panel, went to edit mode and added a DNP in the modular area, added it to Front Panel, moved it so as to see more of it but it disappeared. As you said before, you choose what goes on top by moving it on top of something, well, it should also work in this case.

I didn't totally cover the DNP, it was placed OVER everything else so as to see more of it.Look at the pic Mulab Glitch 2, see the bottom half of the window for the FP is empty? It should contain the bottom section of the DNP! It isn't visible, it can't be clicked, it doesn't exist! It's like over lapping a window onto another window on the desktop and the half that isn't overlapping disappears.

If I place the DNP OVER other components, it should be on top, yes? It isn't as the pic shows. It actually made half the module in the bottom half of the window disappear.

You could say, I should've made the FP area bigger, but what about those with limited resolutions? These things take up so many pixels and aren't relative to screen size/res. In these instances things NEED to be overlapped to configure them.

Sorry if that's a bit garbled, didn't get much sleep! :ud:

mutools wrote: Yes i see. Thinking MUX i would rather do this using a NKP followed by a Note Modifier but then the NM needs to evolve so that Transpose and Velocity are real parameters where it are static properties now. I remember this has been requested already. It's indeed on the wishlist, i just double-checked.
Sorry, bit confused, does this mean you'll add a knob to the Note Event Pad? Or there's a way to do it?

FYI: The fact that i added the NKP at this point (eventhough M6.5 should be released now) was triggered while i was improving the factory library. Eg the Note Gater patch really needs a note event trigger and now that it has one on its front panel that makes a BIG difference, as you will see soon in the updated factory lib.

What's the NKP you refer to?

sl23 wrote:I didn't totally cover the DNP, it was placed OVER everything else so as to see more of it.Look at the pic Mulab Glitch 2, see the bottom half of the window for the FP is empty? It should contain the bottom section of the DNP! If I place the DNP OVER other components, it should be on top, yes?
No. If you put the DNP upon a group frame then it's a child of that group frame and then it's limited by the bounds of its parent. Solution: Make sure the parent group frame is large enough so to see all of its childs. There even is a handy function for that: "Optimize Size".
I've updated the docs: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/mu ... anels.html

sl23 wrote:
mutools wrote: Yes i see. Thinking MUX i would rather do this using a NKP followed by a Note Modifier but then the NM needs to evolve so that Transpose and Velocity are real parameters where it are static properties now. I remember this has been requested already. It's indeed on the wishlist, i just double-checked.
Sorry, bit confused, does this mean you'll add a knob to the Note Event Pad? Or there's a way to do it?
No, not planned. I'd rather choose for the solution i explained above.

sl23 wrote:What's the NKP you refer to?
Note Key Pad.

I couldn't find anything with initials NKP or Note Key Pad, is it in the current v6.5.22?

Are u on OSX?

No. Did you mean the Note Event Pad?

Yes that's it.

To OSX users: I made a little mistake which caused the Note Event Pad not yet to be included in MuLab 6.4.22 for OSX. But there is a M6.5.23 in the pipeline and that will fix it.

Return to “MUTOOLS”