Opto 3a

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OPTO 3a for nebula Pro 3.

OPTO 3a is based on a classic levelling amplifier. Many hours have been spent developing this emulation of a classic, Simply it's not just a question of sampling but changing elements in Nebula's preset xml (link up) only seen by developers.
Opto 3a is the most my most complex emulation to date. Even the first stage has the according shape, something you may not see very often in vst's
This classic design has the Dual Release found in the hardware. First stage lets the transient breath while second stage recovers slowly controlling the signal. Second stage is also Program dependent. This means you get a comp that is fast and slow that's sounds very unique for in the box.

Slightly more aggressive than the La2a. Some say this is a mix between la2a and 1176.

Program dependent T4 Cell style curves!!

Features
4 samples rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
Two stage attack and release (2nd stage Program dependent)
Limit/Compress mode
Extra La2 style Attack presets
more harmonics preset
3k and clean (for lower cpu) presets
Jpn skin with reduction meter

Attack and release times approx-

Release first stage 50-60ms
2nd stage between 250ms-5sec
Attack 1.5ms or less
2nd stage attack is long but very subtle

Click here for more info and purchase
Last edited by Timp_Nebula on Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Incredibly good! That forward sound and the compression characteristics are splendid!

A "BEAST"... Thanx 4 making it, Salute Timp!!!

The templates made for this release took a great deal of time to work out. My first attempt was last year. I put off releasing it in that state only to improve it further more.

Thanks for your comments guys!

Just a heads up:
update
1. extra dimension in release stage (it will be warmer at lower gain reduction)
2. release stage 1 fine tuned and less distortion
3. eliminated ringing from side chain filter.
2. 2a presets attack and release changed slightly

download again if you have bought!

Thanks

Tim
so if you bought this baby don't waste time and go get your update, it's amazing guys!

I've added yet another update! We have a new skin, also distortion preset improved and a second stage release improved!

Return to “Effects”