launchpad pro vs push

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I dunno but this looks like it's pretty powerful . . . and half the price of a Push
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPyYZMmi5o

what do you think ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

No knobs and no screen....
I'll stick to Push

The screen is important for achieveing the "no computer monitor" workflow for composition.

But yeah for the price is a nice compromise. Also consider that in december Ableton made a Push 20% sale.
dedication to flying

I've got screens, knobs, buttons & sliders galore on my Novation SL

:=)

Mister Natural wrote:I've got screens, knobs, buttons & sliders galore on my Novation SL

Can you browse and add instruments and effects from it?
dedication to flying

See the video @ about the 12 minute marker where he gets into "device mode'
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote:See the video @ about the 12 minute marker where he gets into "device mode'
I mean as browing them in the "browser" and adding them to the track, as with Push brower. It can't.
dedication to flying

Depends on how you use push. I really make use of the diatonic modes of the push and I wouldn't want to give that up. I use those modes are more than I use the chromatic layout for playing in notes.

Do the Launchpad pads have velocity and aftertouch?

[snip]

And the round buttons on the left and bottom add functionality... They're not just for looks...
I think you overlooked that comparison pretty severely.

. . . and I bought a TriggerFinger Pro

peace

I don't own Ableton, Push or Launchpad Pro, but if you use Ableton Live then Push will offer the tightest and most versatile integration, hands down. Ableton have no plans to support other DAWs except Live, so if you don't use Live getting Push is a waste of money because half the features are not going to work.

My Korg padKONTROL has excellent pads, as good or better than Maschine's, and yet I am thinking about selling it to get one of these Launchpad Pros for finger drumming because:

1) it's smaller
2) it packs 64 velocity sensitive pads vs just 16
3) is RGB, and
4) smaller pads means you don't have to spread out your fingers as much to reach for other pads.

We'll have to see whether pad response is adequate, that's the only thing. Novation's previous attempts at velocity sensitive pads with their SL mk2 were quite embarrassing, so I won't be recommending this controller until I've tested it myself.

One final note, I know many producers are big on controllers for production but personally and after many years trying very hard to integrate controllers into my production workflow I have come to the conclusion that I genuinely don't have any use for them. The only controllers I need in the studio are a MIDI keyboard with nice keys and a velocity sensitive pad controller. Polyphonic aftertouch is also welcome. I never record automation, it always draw it in. Maybe just a couple of knobs that I assign to the "last touched" and "last last touched" parameters (FL Studio). For live performances, however, controllers are a must IMO and I use them regularly.

Scoox wrote:I don't own Ableton, Push or Launchpad Pro, but if you use Ableton Live then Push will offer the tightest and most versatile integration, hands down. Ableton have no plans to support other DAWs except Live, so if you don't use Live getting Push is a waste of money because half the features are not going to work.
Not true, it depends on what control scripts are created for it.
Ableton dont develop the scripts for the other DAWs, those developers or users create them.
Depends on what features the DAW has.

Works nicely with Bitwig and will get better as Bitwig is futher developed.
Bitwig has some different functionality to Live so Push with Bitwig can do stuff Live cant.

Its all done with magic.....i mean scripts
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”