zebralette questions or suggestions

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rcl wrote:
phasedist on Fx 1 pretty much cancels Fx2 out.
This seemed a little strange so i spent some time yesterday and realized that i had the filter on fx2 after phasedist but i had the high pass set so high only dogs could hear it. So the above statement is incorrect.

Fractalize followed by choplift, both in the negative produce some nice things.

Good luck with linux. I use Ubuntu for everything but audio (no motu support). I hope oneday it becomes my audio OS as well.

Cheers

Yep , MOTU are quite famously Linux-unfriendly.

I've got the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 and 2i4 and both work great under Linux and supposedly OSX, Windows, iOS and now Android too!

danboid wrote:...but I'm disappointed to have not had a response from Urs. Maybe he's vowed not to answer Linux users questions until the beta period is over? ;)
Hi Dan. No, 1) Urs is still super-busy - he cant spend as much time in KVR and freeware isn't top priority 2) Abique is the Linux man.

Hi Howard

I'm sure Urs is busy and I appreciate that freeware like zebralette should not be a priority for him but my two small feature requests (MIDI input LEDs and manual parameter value entry) are not Linux-specific and they're not zebra(lette) specific either. I'd like to see these two features present in ALL softsynths, not just U-he ones and I'm sure they'd be easy enough to implement for a coder of Urs' caliber.

That's it now. I won't make any more requests or repeat my desire for these features until I've actually bought something.

Thanks for your responses Howard, Rcl, AJYoung and bmrzycki!

Keyboard input is on to-do list for all u-he plugins, IIRC. However MIDI input LED is really a part of your DAW, so why bother with it?

Hi EvilDragon

Are you same ED of GP2X/Pandora infamy? :)

That's good to hear that manual entry is planned!

As for the MIDI input indicator, I want that for when I have multiple instances of a synth open at once. I do this for example when I'm learning a new synth and recreating presets. I'm often working on my laptop without a second screen for my DAWs mixer and having 2 synths open fills most of one display, hence obscuring the DAW. It would only require the smallest amount of pixels to achieve a glowing LED.

Thanks guys!

Nope, never heard of either GP2X nor Pandora, whatever that is. :D

You might be in luck, though, since MIDI indicator is just a matter of editing the Zebralette skin. It's just that it's not a part of it right now. You can add it yourself.

In fact, I invite you to try my Orange Zebra skin variant. It includes Zebralette skin update, too, I've just added a MIDI LED there.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qoh12 ... _Zebra.rar

Locate your Zebra2.data folder, and within it, you will see Support folder. Within it, Themes folder. Unpack this archive in that folder. The next time you fire up Zebralette, when you right-click on empty parts of the GUI, you should see a dropdown menu with zoom levels and skin selection. Select Orange Zebra, then "make default". There you have it. You will notice I also added a Transpose control in the upper section where the preset name is.

Rcl wrote:Zebralette is VERY deep and endlessly inspiring...Thanks U-He

Cheers
I started out with free Zebralette as well, not knowing it is just the oscillator of Zebra.

Having lerned Zebralette is the best starter on the way to master Zebra.

Hi EvilDragon

Thanks v.much for adding a MIDI LED to your Zebraette skin. I knew there were skins for Zebra(lette) but I didn't know they could add new interface features too so that was great news!

Orange Zebra works under Linux Zebra2 but it doesn't look like themes are working yet under Linux Zebralette. I copied the Orange Zebra dir to both:

~/.u-he/Zebra2/Support/Themes/

and

~/.u-he/Zebralette/Support/Themes/

but I don't get any theme optons under the Zebralette zoom context menu like I do under Zebra. I will report this over in the Linux beta thread now.

I don't see any links to Zebra/Zebralette skins on their official pages. Is there not an archive of Zebra/l patches and skins where you could've uploaded this?

Thanks for your help ED!

Sorry, not a Linuxer here, can't help you. :(

On Windows, though, there's only one Support folder, for the whole Zebra2.data folder (in it are all files for Zebra, Zebralette, Zebrify and ZRev).

Return to “u-he”