Feature Request: Toggle Browser Pre-listen on by Default

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Also to be able to select a default volume would be great- track volume is -10dB by default but browser pre-listen is 0db. Always have to activate and turn down.

I imagine they will eventually allow you to set up a template to start with, that will let you set the state of all of the little options around the project, like the prelisten, viewable sections of tracks, follow playhead, etc.

FRs are meant to be sent to tech support though: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

this?

That would be sweet Ogopogo. FR sent through proper channel, thanks for the tip.

Suloo- yes, but I actually like my default track volume to be less that 0db.

well, you can just enter a value there?

+1 for pre-listen being set to on permanently.

Suloo he means preview volume in browser, he doesnt like that e has to manually turn it down, he want to set preview on browser to have customable default value that will stay that volume on browser preview everytime you open.

Also +1 would be nice to have same volume as they will turn up on project, like same value as default mixer volume. Forward it :)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

ah ok, yea send it over to support. Would be nice for sure.

Speaking of the "preview on selection" button in the browser, I think that whole set up could use a reworking. Using the little arrow to preview is such a small area to hit so it gets tedious. Preview on selection fixes that, but then it doesn't retrigger the file when you click again, so you have to go back to using the button. And there is no way to retrigger a file while it's still playing, you have to stop and then start it again.

I'm probably not the only one who likes to hear a drum sound a few times in quick succession. I guess it helps me understand how it will sound in a beat. This simple thing is problematic in bigwig for those reasons. I wish we just had a simple system where you could click on the file name to hear it as many times as you wanted, and not have to stop and restart. You could still have the stop button pop up on the side so you could stop a file when you wanted.

I'm just happy to know what pre-listen means.. Been scratching my head with that one. I'd like to nominate ronny as chief translator. ;)

Haha thanks goatgirl!

I hate that i have to active preview on browser everytime i open up, want it to allways be active
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Arrow keys on the keyboard help out a little bit, i just go down, right, down, right...

Return to “Bitwig”