Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hopefully the website is working for everyone now, DNS to the new server should have propagated a long time ago. If anyone has any issue with site accessibility, you can contact me here or steve@xferrecords.com

There's some exciting stuff in the works for Serum, a full integrated Preset Browser with search/tagging/rating will be available this week! :hyper:

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

bitcrusher wrote:Hopefully the website is working for everyone now, DNS to the new server should have propagated a long time ago. If anyone has any issue with site accessibility, you can contact me here or steve@xferrecords.com

There's some exciting stuff in the works for Serum, a full integrated Preset Browser with search/tagging/rating will be available this week! :hyper:

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
SUPER!
Ha ha suck it!

bitcrusher wrote:Hopefully the website is working for everyone now, DNS to the new server should have propagated a long time ago. If anyone has any issue with site accessibility, you can contact me here or steve@xferrecords.com

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records
Awesome!

Now the 1.06beta5 has a good preset browser.
Thank you, Steve :tu:

Apologies if I'm being thick, but where is the beta download again?

You have to go to your account and hit the button "See Available Downloads".

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Thank you.

Up late and fooling around a bit. This a demo for two free Serum presets. I'm not sure if it would be immediately obvious how to use these patches so I included the MIDI for the riff heard in the demo.

The patches were made with the as of yet unreleased Serum version 1.07b2a but should (hopefully ... maybe) work with 1.07b1 (crosses fingers).

Download:
http://fabledaudio.com/downloads/Fabled ... DRIVEN.zip

https://soundcloud.com/fabled-audio/dri ... -lead-demo

Thank you for the free presets Greg. About to give them a go. :tu:

Is there anywhere I can download all of the classic wavetables that work properly on serum from the PPG Wave, Prophet VS & Microwave XT? Blofeld/Largo ones would be cool too. Do you just drag and drop them and you can scan through the wavetable just like the inbuilt ones?

MadeInMachines wrote:Is there anywhere I can download all of the classic wavetables that work properly on serum from the PPG Wave, Prophet VS & Microwave XT? Blofeld/Largo ones would be cool too. Do you just drag and drop them and you can scan through the wavetable just like the inbuilt ones?
I wouldn't mind knowing that myself. You might want to write Ingonator, who is like KVR's resident wavetable genius.
Ha ha suck it!

I believe there are links somewhere in the forums on the Xfer site.

MadeInMachines wrote:Is there anywhere I can download all of the classic wavetables that work properly on serum from the PPG Wave, Prophet VS & Microwave XT? Blofeld/Largo ones would be cool too. Do you just drag and drop them and you can scan through the wavetable just like the inbuilt ones?
Do you need these Wavetables for Serum?
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

Apostate wrote:
I wouldn't mind knowing that myself. You might want to write Ingonator, who is like KVR's resident wavetable genius.
I do not own Serum and do not plan to buy it soon. As someone directly related to Waldorf it would be a bit weird to provide those wavetables for a product from a different company.

Actually i do not even have any samples of those Waldorf wavetables yet as i prefer using the original ones in the corresponding Waldorf synths like e.g. Largo, Blofeld, Nave and PPG Wave 3.V.

AFAIK the wavetables from the original PPG Wave 2.x synths (hardware) seem to be free to everyone (concerning licensing) but for the other Waldorf wavetables (especially the additional ones from Blofeld/Largo/Nave and also the new ones from PPG Wave 3.V) i am not really sure about that. Could be more or less illegal to provide those (at least if they will be used and re-distributed in a 3rd party soundset...).

Finally as i already tried to mention i am not interested in providing those for Serum and also not for other synths that are not from Waldorf (e.g. DUNE 2).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”