T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vengeance VPS essential Fx still dont work.
I check occasionally for any changes and I chacked today again and no change, fx as vst3 all of parameters are forced down to 0 so no sound comes when you attach them to the track, and vst2 sound changes to metalic sound upot hitting render function.
In vst3 I'm talking about all fx and in vst2 im talking about mainly dalay and reverb.
Any plans to fix this in the near future?

Tracktion 6.1.9 doesn't display menus on two different machines running Mac OS 10.8.5. They appear every once in a while for split seconds if you click repeatedly, but most clicks do nothing. The previous version worked.

I've just reported 2 bugs and made one feature request for Linux T6.1.10.

My ALSA MIDI keyboard gets disconnected after a few minutes use and is then no longer available as an input device to Tracktion until the program is restarted. This is a showstopper for my use of Tracktion as a sequencer so I'll be using qtractor until this is fixed.

Plugin UIs become corrupted (mostly blacked-out) when you minimize/maximize Tracktion or switch virtual desktops. This is certainly the case under Cinnamon but I've exprienced this under KDE too. The workaround is to close then re-open the plugin UI.

It would be nice if there was an option to have Tracktion auto-connect its JACK audio outputs to the JACK system playback ports without having to resort to session managers or connection scripts to do it or having to manually connect them every time you launch the app.

I really liked the idea of creating submixes in an easier way and being able to add effects to them (as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiI94lW ... e=youtu.be) but it seems like you can't assign a controller-input to the submix track which is a bit bit of a bummer. I was looking forward to playing with delay-automation and such over submixes. This seems like something that should be possible; you can draw in the automation on the submixtrack.

Hi,

I have a trouble with export Midi, do you have the same?

6.2.0 beta, enabled/disabled plugins redraw bug.
Red cross on the disabled plugin icon doesn't update until another plugin is selected.

Can you make it possible to add presets (by tag) to the plugin menu, at the moment to access plugins is on the right near the chain but if I want to insert a preset I have to go into the browser on the far left - I made presets for all my Reaktor ensembles and it would be great to be able to add those just like plugins.

Please! I think that these two requests regarding the Windows installers for both Tracktion 5 and Tracktion 6 could easily be implemented, and you could then check them off of your to-do list:

[1] Please provide a way to distinguish between the 32-bit and 64-bit installations of Tracktion 5 and Tracktion 6 in the Windows "Uninstall or change a program" dialog box. This would prevent folks from unintentionally uninstalling the version of Tracktion 5 or 6 (32 or 64-bit) that he/she actually intended to keep:

[2] Please persist the Destination Folder from the last install of Tracktion and recall it in the next run of the installer. This would be a real time-saver for those of us who do not install Tracktion to the default location (e.g. C:\Program Files\Tracktion 6, or C:\Program Files (x86)\Tracktion 6):

Thank you for your time and consideration! :)
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

FR: Option to link clip color to track color. (Big time saver for us color-coders)

BUG REPORT!

When I launch Tracktion 6.1.10 (32bit) on my Windows 7 (64bit) machine, I often get an error dialog window saying...

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5."

Since I do not have a directory called "Harddisk5" on my machine, I'm concluding that it must be a bug in Tracktion. What's more annoying is that it's almost impossible to get rid of the dialog window once it pops up, clicking "cancel" doesn't work, restarting the machine is the only option.

analogsynth wrote:BUG REPORT!

When I launch Tracktion 6.1.10 (32bit) on my Windows 7 (64bit) machine, I often get an error dialog window saying...

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk5\DR5."

Since I do not have a directory called "Harddisk5" on my machine, I'm concluding that it must be a bug in Tracktion. What's more annoying is that it's almost impossible to get rid of the dialog window once it pops up, clicking "cancel" doesn't work, restarting the machine is the only option.
This is not necessarily a Tracktion issue. \device\harddisk\dr is an internal Windows name for your harddrives. This typically happens when software is, for example, expecting to see a removable drive which has been unplugged

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/330137 (the page is for XP, but the information still applies to Win7)

You can identify which disk dr5 is from the Disk Management consol.e
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Plugin tabs so I don't have a gazillion windows for plugins.

Make it so

Hi,

I have a trouble : when i drag a clip to tap, my tracktion clipping.

Could you make an tab edit. I want drag my clip midi to tab to have a midi edit screen. Because it's not easy to compose note by note with smaller clip midi.

Thanks

T6 - FR - Regarding 'Render Clip' Dialog:
(Especially 'Render the selected clip and replace it')

Request 1: Rendered file gets its name automatically from the clip's name.

Currently it is named 'Edit xxx Render x.
Additionally: After the file has been rendered the newly created clip is renamed to 'Rendered clip'.

Request 2: Rendered Clip gets its name from newly created file. Or keeps its name in the first place.

To rename the rendered clip, currently one has to open the 'View Source Info' dialog, copy the audio file name, select the newly renderd clip to open the clip's properties, paste the audio file name, hit enter.
Which is a bit tedious, isn't it?

Cheers

I'd like a larger, more detailed view of the wave in the window as it's being rendered. It's too hard to see if there's any clipping as it is.

Return to “Tracktion”