I cancelled my spotify subscription because youtube has all I need

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The experience is not the same.
Exploring things is better in spotify.
But I suspect youtube is getting there. There are playlists even.

I cancelled my spotify subscription because youtube has all I need.
Anyone else?

At least Spotify pretends to be legal.

all i use spotify (and pandora) for is streaming music to my car, well...to my phone, which i then plug into my car stereo. i cant see youtube being very good for that at all.

oh...and i just use the free versions. id never pay for a subscription.
ImageImageImage

"[Band]Vevo" Youtube channels are legal.

Google Music is their version of Spotify: https://music.google.com/

Type in a band name and it creates a radio station of similar artists. It seems pretty good based on a few hours of listening.

YT doesn't do anything remotely similar to the way I do things on Spotify. Not sure how good Spotify is for artists but for me as a consumer it's da bomb.

(YT is fun too but a totally different beast)

I have a Google Play Music subscription. It works well for the car as well as at home or work. I really hate listening to ads -- and it seemed like on Spotify the ads were always super loud compared to whatever I was listening to, and completely irrelevant to my interests (musical or otherwise).

Subscribing is still cheaper than an eMusic download subscription or buying MP3s through Amazon or Bleep or whatever. I do still sometimes buy through Bandcamp to support artists.

samsam wrote:YT doesn't do anything remotely similar to the way I do things on Spotify. Not sure how good Spotify is for artists but for me as a consumer it's da bomb.
Yeah, except for the PS3 app which is pants.

If my iPhone screen turns off, YouTube stops playing. Not true with Spotify. As such, YouTube uses FAR more battery than Spotify, not to mention the data; I don't need to stream a whole video while I'm driving and can't even look at it.

Also, Spotify lets me save my music for offline listening really easily. And Spotify seems to have higher audio quality all around, at least upon demand.

Totally different beasts, IMHO. I'll gladly keep paying for Spotify.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”