Faster AGC responding

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Vojtech for all your time. Let us close this discussion and let us make music and use our ears.

Greets

Marek

Yes! :)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Am I understanding correctly - it takes 3 seconds before the user can hear the level matched pre-EQ vs post-EQ comparison (or comp, etc.) in MCompare?

Thx -

It takes 3 seconds for the engine to callibrate (before that it would be dangerous). However then you can switch immediately.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:

It takes 3 seconds for the engine to callibrate (before that it would be dangerous). However then you can switch immediately.
Thanks for your reply!

Without seeing this process in action, it's hard to understand what that actually means in practice. In other words, I still am not sure: I make a change, I want to compare - do I click and listen, or do I click, wait three seconds and then listen? ... I guess I'll wait for the MCompare vid, or until I start an MCompare trial, whichever comes first :-) .

Of course not! Waiting 3 seconds would make the comparison, well, rather odd :D.

You just load the files / attach sources, enable the ALC if needed (if you click Set, it will just set gain and that's end of it) and within 3 seconds the engine will be callibrated and keep the ALC working so then you can just click whatever you want and the comparison is instant of course ;).
Vojtech

Having used it now, the jump/"pumping" can be disconcerting under some real world conditions.

So far the easiest way for me to get around that is to start replay several seconds before the actual area of interest.

But actually that doesn't work well when the area of interest is coming immediately after a pause or breakdown in the music, for reasons stated above.

Any suggestions for the best way to proceed in that kind of situation?

Thanks -

PS I have to say, this plug-in is like magic, completely amazingly awesome ...

Thank you!! :love:

Now in these cases there's no solution except using "Set" button instead of ALC. It's usually recommended anyway. Simply put, the plugin can never know "that now there is some silent part", no artificial intelligence yet :D. But soon! :D
Vojtech

Hi Vojtech,

what do you think about a second agc mode, which could be color coded to your already existing one. Do you can switch between two different modes. Something faster?? For mixing purposes, do you can decide for a mixing step by sound and by getting a louder signal, which always sound better. Your existing agc mode is not really good for this.

Thanks and greets

Marek

Hi Marek,

I don't follow at all - what different AGC mode??
Vojtech

I mean an agc mode which reacts more like the one you don't like from the slickeq, which does a good job in the real world. By pushing agc you can switch between your already existing one and a new one after the example of the slickeq, but better?!!

Marek, I already explained to you, it IS IMPOSSIBLE! In case of eq you can approximate, but first, is DOES NOT WORK (I checked slickeq, it just doesn't... after all it is IMPOSSIBLE!) and also for everything besides eq it is even more impossible... :D
Vojtech

Damn and what about a link button for input and output gain?

What to you mean? Like "Temp" gain in MMultiBandDynamics? How on earth is that related to AGC? :D
Vojtech

I only want something to decide that my signal is not getting better, because it's getting louder, but better cause of sound!!!

Return to “MeldaProduction”