U-He Hive sounds different in FL Studio and Studio One?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KingTuck wrote:Are you just qualifying this by ear? These differences are best served by actual measuring, going by ear is useless (although certainly cause to measure things and check what's up)..
This one is by ear, but the difference is very insignificant. Its like comparing HQ mp3 to the same recording just in wave. They sound the same but not identical.

OK fixed size buffers cause another problem, after rendering synth is out of sync.

themachinelt wrote:OK fixed size buffers cause another problem, after rendering synth is out of sync.
What about the higher sample rate? Did you try that? 88.2 kHz for instance.

How out of sync is it? Do you mean vaguely or dramatically?

I would be interested in this too - what does "out of sync" mean? Does it refer to LFOs, MIDI notes, sequencer, arpeggiator, delay effect?

I can see no reason why any of this would happen when rendering (offline rendering I suppose) with a fixed buffer size. Even if any of the above happens, I can't imagine that fixed buffer sizes as opposed to irregular ones are related, at least not if it's an issue in our software. Nevertheless, we'd be happy to check this out, but we need a little more detail.

If such thing happens, we would highly appreciate a project file sent to support at u-he dot com, or any detailed information that lets us reproduce the issue :)

Urs wrote:I would be interested in this too - what does "out of sync" mean? Does it refer to LFOs, MIDI notes, sequencer, arpeggiator, delay effect?

I can see no reason why any of this would happen when rendering (offline rendering I suppose) with a fixed buffer size. Even if any of the above happens, I can't imagine that fixed buffer sizes as opposed to irregular ones are related, at least not if it's an issue in our software. Nevertheless, we'd be happy to check this out, but we need a little more detail.

If such thing happens, we would highly appreciate a project file sent to support at u-he dot com, or any detailed information that lets us reproduce the issue :)
Out of sync, by that i mean that the plugin does not get compensated after rendering. In a project i am using Virus Ti, wich gives aproximatly ~88ms in my host so that means all plugins has to be compensated. Hive normaly renders fine with latency compensated, but if i set fixed size buffer on when rendering for some odd reason FL Studio does not add latency to the plugin or it does but maybe wrong because it does not sound in sync with other sounds anymore. If you want to have sound in sync after rendering you must turn off fixed size buffers.

I think its a software problem, not the plugin, because the last case that happened was with Sampletank 3. It requires fixed size buffers to be on for proper playback, but if there are plugins that add latency, sampletank 3 gets out of sync.

themachinelt wrote:
Urs wrote:I would be interested in this too - what does "out of sync" mean? Does it refer to LFOs, MIDI notes, sequencer, arpeggiator, delay effect?

Out of sync, by that i mean that the plugin does not get compensated after rendering. In a project i am using Virus Ti, wich gives aproximatly ~88ms in my host so that means all plugins has to be compensated. Hive normaly renders fine with latency compensated, but if i set fixed size buffer on when rendering for some odd reason FL Studio does not add latency to the plugin or it does but maybe wrong because it does not sound in sync with other sounds anymore. If you want to have sound in sync after rendering you must turn off fixed size buffers.

I think its a software problem, not the plugin, because the last case that happened was with Sampletank 3. It requires fixed size buffers to be on for proper playback, but if there are plugins that add latency, sampletank 3 gets out of sync.
This is something that sounds familiar. Having the same "issue".

However, it was starting with the update to FLS 12 in my case. So maybe we should go over to Imageline with this.

Using Reaper and Sonar won't give any problems at all, so it seems wrapper/buffer related.

themachinelt wrote:

This is something that sounds familiar. Having the same "issue".

However, it was starting with the update to FLS 12 in my case. So maybe we should go over to Imageline with this.

Using Reaper and Sonar won't give any problems at all, so it seems wrapper/buffer related.

Oef, not a lot to go on....you did indeed prove DAW's do NOT sound the same.
I already saw that earlier stated in multiple test with, for instance, up- and downsampling.

I guess, the only thing you can do is try to use FIXED on all your plugins. Not on just one. I would advice to test this in some test projects before using it full-time.

Good luck!

Excuse me if I'm wrong (I'm not logged into my IL account ATM, but I checked your thread out earlier), but the most important part of what you're saying is "
Out of sync, by that i mean that the plugin does not get compensated after rendering. In a project i am using Virus Ti, wich gives aproximatly ~88ms in my host so that means all plugins has to be compensated. Hive normaly renders fine with latency compensated, but if i set fixed size buffer on when rendering for some odd reason FL Studio does not add latency to the plugin or it does but maybe wrong because it does not sound in sync with other sounds anymore. If you want to have sound in sync after rendering you must turn off fixed size buffers." and you don't mention that in your IL thread.

The issue you should be iterating is that the latency isn't properly accounted for. No matter how much latency is introduced by fixed size buffers, there is no reason it should ever be left in during render. That is absolutely a bug on FL's part. IL is busy from the new launch of FL 12, but what you're dealing with is a real issue and you're best off pushing about it in that thread again with additional detail. I personally don't experience the issue, but if I did I would be very frustrated.

Return to “u-he”