Reaper: How to filter pitch bend msgs? [Solved] :)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

How to filter pitch bend messages?

The problem I have is my Oxygen controller has began sending midi msgs by itself! I tried to fix the hardware by opening it and 'play' little bit with the low quality things. I thought I could fix it as for a day or two it seemed to function right, but then it started to send random pitch bend msgs again!

This is not a problem in Studio One, Cubase and Reason as I found an option to filter these midi msgs (eventually like disabling pitch bend wheel, which what I want to do by software). Anyway, I searched a lot in the options and in Reaper forums but I couldn't find a way to do it.

Is there a way to disable it globally in Reaper?

:)
Last edited by EnGee on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't think you can do it globally, but there's a JS effect called MIDI filter (can't remember if it's in the default install, or you need to get it from Stash). Use it. :)

Another route (more 'global' but always to remember to set up beforehand) would be
Oxygen -> MIDI-Ox (or similar) for the filtering -> virtual MIDI cable -> Reaper

Thanks ED, tracks/instrument level is fine :)

OK, I found it here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=57957

I copied it to "C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\InstallData\Effects\midi". At first it didn't appear but restarting/refreshing ..etc, then I could find it.

It works great :tu:

Thanks No_Use, I will try what you wrote as well :)

^^^^
That folder, is, if I understand correctly, one used as a temporary location during an installation. The correct folder for JS FX is (a sub-folder in) Reaper's App Data Effects folder. For example, in Windows:
...\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Effects\MIDI

You can get to the top-level AppData folder, by clicking [Options] and selecting "Show Reaper resource path in Explorer / Finder".
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks DarkStar.
I have just checked it and it's there! It seems Reaper already copied it in "..\AppData..." when I restarted it maybe!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”