Bitwig Studio 1.2 Beta 1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TeotiGraphix wrote:
Yeah, this shows how another huge community will be born when that modular editor is available for the common peps. :)

Mike
I hope it wont be to big... im a guy that wants to test everything! Scared that i dont make music anymore... :D
Nha kidding of course! Really looking forward to that! :pray:
And what i really like about it its all nice in bws itself so everything native! :hug:

My brother was noticing some third party plugins not keeping their values when the project loads. Anyone else noticing this? Also he noticed clips that were playing when the project was saved are not playing when the project reloads either. Anyone else notice that one? If so will report to beta bugs.

Bug:
When i make for example a hihat loop and bounce it in place and i want to drag that bounce to drummachine it totally hangs bws.
Anyone experience the same?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: wrong topic LOLS. must be in 1.1.9 rc1 :dog: :dog: :dog:
Last edited by codec17 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

owensands wrote:My brother was noticing some third party plugins not keeping their values when the project loads. Anyone else noticing this? Also he noticed clips that were playing when the project was saved are not playing when the project reloads either. Anyone else notice that one? If so will report to beta bugs.
I read that somewhere else here on forum about the values not saved propely... cant find it though... :oops: :dog:

codec17 wrote:
owensands wrote:My brother was noticing some third party plugins not keeping their values when the project loads. Anyone else noticing this? Also he noticed clips that were playing when the project was saved are not playing when the project reloads either. Anyone else notice that one? If so will report to beta bugs.
I read that somewhere else here on forum about the values not saved propely... cant find it though... :oops: :dog:
Yeah I think someone said when plugins were inside presets.

About the modular stuff... people, don't hold your breath, it seems like it will not be here anytime soon... (judging by the development pace and choices they are doing...).
So, calm down and let's forget this for now... :(

Regnas wrote:About the modular stuff... people, don't hold your breath, it seems like it will not be here anytime soon... (judging by the development pace and choices they are doing...).
As we're currently at 1.2beta, i don't think anyone is holding his breath for 2.0, would not be logical... and on top of that unhealthy! ;-)

Have a nice weekend, folks!
I'm off to play some records tonite and try to squeeze in some sun hours outside the studio the next two days... let's see how that plays out...

Dom

dom@bitwig wrote:
Regnas wrote:About the modular stuff... people, don't hold your breath, it seems like it will not be here anytime soon... (judging by the development pace and choices they are doing...).
As we're currently at 1.2beta, i don't think anyone is holding his breath for 2.0, would not be logical... and on top of that unhealthy! ;-)

Have a nice weekend, folks!
I'm off to play some records tonite and try to squeeze in some sun hours outside the studio the next two days... let's see how that plays out...

Dom
Have fun and please get beta 2 out next week if you can!!! Need audio sir!

Who said anything about holding my breath.

It is one of those inevitable things that will come with Bitwig, it is something that is prompting me to do a lot with Reaktor, so it's just a carrot in front of the donkey for me right now, please don't take my dignity away.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

when you come back in from the sun
please add a midi channel input selector
on the track inspector

my arturia beatstep pro will arrive shortly
and I need this to be able to use it

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

turbo_kev wrote:when you come back in from the sun
please add a midi channel input selector
on the track inspector

my arturia beatstep pro will arrive shortly
and I need this to be able to use it

cheers
kev
you can use it with Toms multi channel scripts. ;)

hi yes your right Toms multi channel scripts will work

but I also have other keyboards that can out put on different midi channels, and I don't know if its only me, but I cant make his script work on more than 2 different devices at the same time
when I try an add another device it doesn't show up in the list
of input controllers on the inspector drop down ??

cheers
kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

wasn't this already discussed a few pages back or in another thread lately? You might need to edit the UUID number if you want to use the same script several times. Not 100% sure on that tho, maybe someone can correct this if it's wrong.

Code: Select all

host.defineController("Acme", "Acme Keyboard", "1.0", "d84e03d0-b605-11e3-a5e2-0800200c9a66");
host.defineMidiPorts(1, 0);
https://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen

Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhh ;-)
@ Suloo: No, that is a myth. You can use any script as often as you want, if not it's a bug in BWS. A different UUID is only necessary when you want to create different scripts, otherwise BWS can't differentiate them.
I guess I have to remove my first tutorial from the 1.0 times where you couldn't rename scripts and therefore had to create duplicates with different names and UUIDs...

- Make sure you rename each device in preferences (doubleclick on the white part of the device name).
- BWS has a limit on the number of possible Midi Inputs, so it's can happen that you hit that if you have too many inputs, two devices a 16 inputs shouldn't be a problem though, I think the limit was 64 inputs (at least the last time I checked).
- Make sure you select a Midi input and output that exists for each devices with the scripts that have a dropdown for both, otherwise the script is not active.

If all fails, check View -> Show Controller Script Console and check by clicking on all listed devices if any of them shows red errors...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

HI Tom
Pain in the backside hear again (sorry )

I cant use the script on more than 2 devices
I checked like you said for errors and I have none

if I uninstall a device I can then add another
but never more than 2 at once

just thought I would let you know

cheers
kev

Return to “Bitwig”