Live 9.2 is out now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

I hope so. :(
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I received a follow up reply from WML:
I am confirming a crash on my end with the 32bit version of Drumagog 5 running on the 32bit version of Live 9.2.
The 64bit version of Drumagog 5 seems to be stable on the 64bit version of Live 9.2

Our developer is looking into this further. His guess is that it is on Ableton's end with their backwards compatibility of 32bit plugins.

I got the same response from Celemony. I'd been hesitant of moving to 64 bit Live because I'd have to go through the laborious process of getting 64 bit plugs... but maybe this is the impetus I need.

Q: Can I roll back to an earlier live 32 bit to retrieve work with crashing plugs and install 9.2 in parallel as 64 bit? (ie have 2 instances of Live on my machine) That way I could continue working on the old version while I find 64 bit versions of my plugs...?

^ That should be possible.

I have a project I'm working on that has been saved in Live Suite v9.2. Unfortunately, there's no way to open that in an earlier version of Live as far as I know. I've told Celemony as much.

Slate Digital got back to me about FG-X. They asked me to uninstall, restart and reinstall. No joy. I'm awaiting a follow up.

KUSH Audio sent me a whole bunch of questions about my report. The only thing they didn't ask me was what I had for dinner. Awaiting a reply from them too.

I took this as the ideal time for me to switch to 64-bit, something i've been planning for a while, it ultimately means saying goodbye to a few plugin (VOS, Kjaerhus, Interruptor & Ugo mainly) but its at least relatively futureproof.

Nevertheless, I still have 9.1 32-bit on my machine for any older projects.

What's the chance that using the 64bit version will also resolve the issue with the looong loading of arturia plugins? seriously, some of those take for-sodding-ever to do anything.

Curious - in the weeks before 9.2 came out, I was investigating Mac 64 bit Max 4 Live instability (random poof/freeze with no other plugins) and people on Ableton forum said 32 bit M4L is more stable.

How is M4L stability in 9.2?

Slate Digital got back to me about FG-X. They gave me a new installer (FGX 1.4.0.4) which is working in Live 9.2 32bit. :party:

While the PDC is supposed to work correctly.. but visualy, the playhead line is off the note(unsynced with the sound). So i hear the sound of the 1st note, but the playhead is beyond already this note (up to 0,5 sec i guess)

does anyone experiencing the same issue as me ?

Dead0k wrote:While the PDC is supposed to work correctly.. but visualy, the playhead line is off the note(unsynced with the sound). So i hear the sound of the 1st note, but the playhead is beyond already this note (up to 0,5 sec i guess)

It's always been like that. Very annoying.

PDC has only been fixed for automation as far as I know. I think there are still issues with third party MIDI plugins for example.

barryfell wrote:
Dead0k wrote:While the PDC is supposed to work correctly.. but visualy, the playhead line is off the note(unsynced with the sound). So i hear the sound of the 1st note, but the playhead is beyond already this note (up to 0,5 sec i guess)

PDC has only been fixed for automation as far as I know. I think there are still issues with third party MIDI plugins for example.
True, a trancegate for instance, after a plugin with latency, will still be out of sync. So automation has been compensated now, and afaik audio was already compensated.
Good news is that you at least can work around it now, by making sure there are no latency-plugins prior to a midi timed plugin. I found out that I don't have that many plugins that introduce latency, and the ones that do usually fall in the mastering-category, and are thus later in the chain anyway.

barryfell wrote:

not only for automation
previously i couldn't route in such a scenarion without massive delay:

audiotrack(snare) >effect 100% to Return track (NY parallel comp)
and then this Return track (NY parallel comp) into a buss together with audio track(snare)

So now i can, but after a while i can't see audio and visual sync. what a crap.

>>
Thanks for contacting Ableton Support.

As of now, the advice from Celemony is the same advice we would offer. We are tracking this issue, which only occurs with Live 9 32-Bit on Windows.
It may be that the crash will be resolved by Celemony in a future update, as it seems to simply be an incompatibility with our updated VST framework, which is more consistent with today's standards:
https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article ... ements-92/
Since the crash occurs strictly within Celemony's code, there isn't much we can do.
The only workaround I could think of would be to use a bridging platform such as jBridge to run the 64-Bit version of the plugin in 32-Bit Live. This can be very, very inconsistent and unstable, especially with a powerhouse plugin like Melodyne; I wouldn't really recommend it. We also can't provide support for issues through jBridge.
Sorry that I can't offer a more satisfying answer here, but let me know if you have additional questions and I'll be happy to help you further.<<

'bout what I expected . . . :hail:
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Bit the bullet and went 64 bit live - currently reassembling plugs and using jbridge where required.
No major issues so far except the f**king time it takes.

Melodyne 64 to live 64 no issues.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”