Why have you Not Purchased Orion over the Years?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orion

synapse audio: this is the same company that made dune/dune2?

Xiangqi wrote:synapse audio: this is the same company that made dune/dune2?
Yup
:borg:

why ?? mainly, because it's pc-only.

Kriminal wrote:Synths have always been his strong point, since TS404. Orion was really just an xox seq to use them in.
Indeed, I bought Orion in 2006 mainly for the synths. I was looking for an all-in-one studio at the time and was seriously considering Reason 3 when I discovered Orion. Didn't take me long to make a choice and I never regretted it. Just look at these beauties: http://www.synapse-audio.com/orioninstruments.html :love:

KingClarkie wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Synths have always been his strong point, since TS404. Orion was really just an xox seq to use them in.
Indeed, I bought Orion in 2006 mainly for the synths.
Yeah that's mainly what I bought it for too.

It came with vst synths?

KingClarkie wrote:
Indeed, I bought Orion in 2006 mainly for the synths. I was looking for an all-in-one studio at the time and was seriously considering Reason 3 when I discovered Orion. Didn't take me long to make a choice and I never regretted it. Just look at these beauties: http://www.synapse-audio.com/orioninstruments.html :love:
Yes! Tomcat and Monobass. Loved those two.

arkmabat wrote:It came with vst synths?
No it came with its own synth and effect modules built in - although several were also available as VST plugins.

Didn't know this. Thanks.

IncarnateX wrote:I once wrote this little praise in one of the hundreds of flame threads about Orion. I still stick to every word of it whether Orion is dead or not:
Listen carefully, because I am only going to warn you once.

I am all on iPad music production now, but when I was on laptop ORION ruled the world.

This synthstudio is not for idiots who think they need all daw features in the world to make a simple tune. There are no twinkelizer, dingledizer, hit-makerator, finalator, or Omni-organator boltet into an opaque clusterfuck.
Orion is for fast music making and very fast automation of virtually all parameters in a plug in that have midi cc. Actually more than you ever will need.
It is a dream for purists who rather like to make music fast and furiously than spending time counting features of daws and accordingly exchange them as if they were socks.
If you can not make professional sounding music with ORION it is because you are unskilled, untalented, uninspiring, unwise, unknowing, unwilling and unbelievable unworthy to use it in the first place.

Now if you think that BONES is rude, it will be NOTHING compared to my personal insults if anyone as much as think anything negative about ORION. BONES' statements will look like baby-burps in comparison. I will be banned for sure, but you ARE going to cry and your self esteem will be demolished for life, I guarantee you!

Now piss off, piss ants!
So, basically, you will not allow anyone to have a negative opnion on Orion, and will insult everyone who voices this opinion? And what exactly is this warning supposed to be? Seriosuly, chill down dude. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, positive or not. Don't be a fool please.

Yes, what a silly comment. These are the sort of fans that make devs cringe.

Kriminal wrote:Orion died years ago. Lack of dev interest.
Yes. Do you know if he would be interested in releasing it in some way? Either by OS or selling it to another party? I'd really like to see Orion developed further!!

VitaminD wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Orion died years ago. Lack of dev interest.
Yes. Do you know if he would be interested in releasing it in some way? Either by OS or selling it to another party? I'd really like to see Orion developed further!!
A few ppl have suggested it on the other forums, but no comment from Rich. Infact, he doesnt say much at all these days. Even the Orion section of the beta forum has been removed...

He has said he might make a new 'sequencer' from scratch.. 'one day' but who knows.

Be nice to see it continue, but only if it was still Orion, not some washed out version of it...

1. I have purchased two DAWs ever.
2. Many more than two DAWs exist.
3. Therefore there are many DAWs which I have not purchased.
4. Orion happens to be one of those.

:shrug:

arkmabat wrote:It would appear that Orion is gone for good. I thought this is a much needed discussion and that we can prove the devs wrong that we can't talk about this in a civilized fashion. I think Orion would still get some use if they brought it back at at discounted price.
There is somthing about Orion that reminds me of FL Studio.

But unlike FL Studio, users have to pay for upgrades...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”