Why have you Not Purchased Orion over the Years?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orion

Numanoid wrote:There is somthing about Orion that reminds me of FL Studio.
Could it be this?
Numanoid wrote:But unlike FL Studio, users have to pay for upgrades...
Not any more they don't :(

Waddayamean, they say so here right:
http://www.image-line.com/flstudio/life ... pdates.php

Orion share some older plugs with FL Studio, but it is also the layout of grids, like this in Orion that gets me thinking about the Belgian counterpart:

Numanoid wrote:
Waddayamean, they say so here right:
I meant Orion users won't have to pay for any more updates.

KingClarkie wrote:I meant Orion users won't have to pay for any more updates.
Relax dude, Apple haven't bought out Orion yet :D

The smart thing for Synapse to do would be to develop Orion for the iOS or Android platform, maybe also Linux

I still love Orion. Like some have said, it's for those who want to bang out music fast & furiously and know what they want. (I have about 1,000 compositions made from it already).

Even though it is no longer supported... I STILL will use until something else tickles me. All the things we make music with are subjective. I have Reaper & FLStudio is well, so I stick to whatever is best for the purpose. There is nothing wrong with using old discontinued software and/or hardware.

My Orion Platinum is running on my I7 controlled by my EMU MK-6 Synth with my EMU 1616M as the interface. LOL My whole musical ream is vintage ;-)
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Numanoid wrote:

The smart thing for Synapse to do would be to develop Orion for the iOS or Android platform, maybe also Linux

The smart thing is to dump Orion and work on products that actually sell.

Oh wait....

I bought Orion... and used it a lot on my PC laptop. I started using my work Mac for DAW purposes but I still have my FL license and Orion license which I'll probably load again if I convert the old Mac laptop to a PC. Might be fun... They were both pretty cool but I used Orion more than FL until I changed directions. Sorry to see it go but it would be very cool on Android or iOS.

:phones:

Numanoid wrote:
Orion share some older plugs with FL Studio

Apart from an old version of Sonic Syndicate/Synapse 'Wasp', what else?

Numanoid wrote:

There's already Caustic which seems highly influenced by Orion.

Numanoid wrote:The smart thing for Synapse to do would be to develop Orion for the iOS or Android platform, maybe also Linux
Hmmm... sell ios/android apps for $9.99 or DUNE 2 for $169.... that's a tricky one :wink:

chk071 wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:I once wrote this little praise in one of the hundreds of flame threads about Orion. I still stick to every word of it whether Orion is dead or not:
Listen carefully, because I am only going to warn you once.

I am all on iPad music production now, but when I was on laptop ORION ruled the world.

This synthstudio is not for idiots who think they need all daw features in the world to make a simple tune. There are no twinkelizer, dingledizer, hit-makerator, finalator, or Omni-organator boltet into an opaque clusterfuck.
Orion is for fast music making and very fast automation of virtually all parameters in a plug in that have midi cc. Actually more than you ever will need.
It is a dream for purists who rather like to make music fast and furiously than spending time counting features of daws and accordingly exchange them as if they were socks.
If you can not make professional sounding music with ORION it is because you are unskilled, untalented, uninspiring, unwise, unknowing, unwilling and unbelievable unworthy to use it in the first place.

Now if you think that BONES is rude, it will be NOTHING compared to my personal insults if anyone as much as think anything negative about ORION. BONES' statements will look like baby-burps in comparison. I will be banned for sure, but you ARE going to cry and your self esteem will be demolished for life, I guarantee you!

Now piss off, piss ants!
So, basically, you will not allow anyone to have a negative opnion on Orion, and will insult everyone who voices this opinion? And what exactly is this warning supposed to be? Seriosuly, chill down dude. Everyone is entitled to a opinion, positive or not. Don't be a fool please.
Are you serious? It is a personal praise of Orion in form of satire. Inspired by the big BONES (I actually miss him).
However, I can't blame you I guess:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe's_law

Ok, i never heard of the guy, so if your post wasn't meant seriously i'm sorry. Thought you felt the need to insult the people with a negative opinion on Orion. :D

I never bought because BONES traumatized me at a young age.
ImageImageImageImage

Oh, i see now who he is. Saw his Ultrakiller VSTi announced. Didn't really remember the name. :)

Years ago I attacked him for his atheist beliefs. The irony is that I've since left my church and adopted many of his views. If he reads this, I am deeply sorry.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”