MuLab 6.5.29 released

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote:
pljones wrote:I'm actually fairly sure I've seen MuLab running with all eight cores. Currently it seems to refuse to go above four.
I don't see why. Could it be something on your system? Anyone else with a true (no HT) 8 core maschine that can test this pls.
Well, I'm going to count this "solved". Audacity is also running with fewer cores. I've upgraded the BIOS and I know various settings changed then, so that's almost certain what it is. I notice the cores now say "Parked" in Windows Task Manager Performance view when inactive, too, so it's definitely a system thing.

Braserox wrote:Nothing is wrong. Because when i am testing release is higher than official release so it cant be updated. Exemple: tests releas 6.5.23 official release 6.5.18
So its normal that message "Couldn't open project" is displayed .
What should be nice is that following message would appear "Couldn't open project release belong to 6.5.23".
Strange it should do that, but it doesn't (anymore). Will check & fix.

pljones wrote:
mutools wrote:
pljones wrote:I'm actually fairly sure I've seen MuLab running with all eight cores. Currently it seems to refuse to go above four.
I don't see why. Could it be something on your system? Anyone else with a true (no HT) 8 core maschine that can test this pls.
Well, I'm going to count this "solved". Audacity is also running with fewer cores. I've upgraded the BIOS and I know various settings changed then, so that's almost certain what it is. I notice the cores now say "Parked" in Windows Task Manager Performance view when inactive, too, so it's definitely a system thing.
Thx for the update!

mutools wrote:
Braserox wrote:Nothing is wrong. Because when i am testing release is higher than official release so it cant be updated. Exemple: tests releas 6.5.23 official release 6.5.18
So its normal that message "Couldn't open project" is displayed .
What should be nice is that following message would appear "Couldn't open project release belong to 6.5.23".
Strange it should do that, but it doesn't (anymore). Will check & fix.
Well i checked it in M6.4.18 and it's indeed not giving the "This project is made with a newer version of MuLab" message. Strange. I retested this in M6.5.24 (coming soon) and it works fine as expected, though i don't immediately find a reason for the change. Won't put too much time in this now, but will keep an eye on it, as i agree it's better to give a neat info alert when trying to load a future project format version. Thx for the report.

Here is a preview video showing the making of the 'Basic Synth' modular front panel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d10K4NYWChw

Hmmm...are you too shy to record your own voice? Maybe you should get somebody to read a moderation or so. It really would beef up such clips dramatically!
Other than that: great! :tu:

Thanks! Its good to see the 'method of the master.' I customized the Basic Synth to add Echo time and a larger 'scope.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Slap on a keyboard at the bottom and job done :)
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:Slap on a keyboard at the bottom and job done :)
What do u mean? Sorry if i'm missing something obvious. (short night)

He means virtual keyboard, on that basic synth GUI. :)

pljones wrote:Well, I'm going to count this "solved". Audacity is also running with fewer cores. I've upgraded the BIOS and I know various settings changed then, so that's almost certain what it is. I notice the cores now say "Parked" in Windows Task Manager Performance view when inactive, too, so it's definitely a system thing.
Disable core parking then! (Google it.) This is a must for any DAW computer.

the preset colours in the video are great how did you do them share them please

runaudio wrote:the preset colours in the video are great how did you do them share them please
The Basic Synth patch will be in the release package so you can copy-paste the colors from there.

i mean when you choose colour is open i dont have wot i see in the video you will at 30 sec in the video
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes but each front panel can have its own color palette. Just wait and see in the release package soonish.

look forward to it thank you

Return to “MUTOOLS”