Bitwig Studio 1.1.9 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@yoshi303:
Is that you?
:hihi:

Ezzda wrote:I wonder tho... All of you dont seem to know these bugs. What are you doing with bitwig? :D
Exactly my thoughts. There seems to be a lot of development and bugfixing going into controller/gadget/toy integration, and all this other, very basic stuff is kind of neglected... Strangely it doesn't seem to bother the majority of the users here!

Eleventh wrote:
Ezzda wrote:I wonder tho... All of you dont seem to know these bugs. What are you doing with bitwig? :D
Exactly my thoughts. There seems to be a lot of development and bugfixing going into controller/gadget/toy integration, and all this other, very basic stuff is kind of neglected... Strangely it doesn't seem to bother the majority of the users here!
I can really recommend to work in support for a while. ;-)
It's totally eye opening to see how almost every user has totally different needs, must-haves and things he never ever touches. One person can rave for hours about how integrating this or that controller is the bees knee and missing it totally kills the software, another goes on about how the midi editor needs everything FL Studio has (while another finds it just fine as it is, even loves it), the next want's 39.2 GB of world class content included, a scripter proposes to support every possible JavaScript library and function into the controller API, the next demands to trash polysynth and develop a combination of Diva, Alchemy and Reaktor, the next needs all this analog gear to be connected, in sync and recognised, or another demands that 14 minutes of delay from 128 linear eqs on max quality in a row are compensated by the PDC... ;-)

Oh, and why isn't it running without crackling on windows 95 with my trusty pentium 90? My soundblaster 16 is da bomb, really!

:party:

People work extremely different, do extremely different things with a DAW and have totally different priorities. That neither makes them stupid, bad nor otherwise lacking. ;-)

But it sure makes a complicated job for the team to filter/condense all this into as nice a DAW as Bitwig Studio manages to be :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Eleventh wrote:
Ezzda wrote:or another demands that 14 minutes of delay from 128 linear eqs on max quality in a row are compensated by the PDC... ;-)
Are you seriously that ********?! It doesnt even fall under sarcasm. "Or another demands that 12ms OF 1 f**king PLUGIN BE COMPENSATED BY THE PDC!" CUZ WHY THE f**k ELSE WOULD THERE BE A PDC?

CHEERS,
EZZDA!!!
Last edited by Ezzda on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ezzda wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Eleventh wrote:
Ezzda wrote:or another demands that 14 minutes of delay from 128 linear eqs on max quality in a row are compensated by the PDC... ;-)
Are you seriously that retarded?! It doesnt even fall under sarcasm. "Or another demands that 12ms OF 1 f**king PLUGIN BE COMPENSATED BY THE PDC!" CUZ WHY THE f**k ELSE WOULD THERE BE A PDC?

CHEERS,
EZZDA!!!
Yes, I'm totally retarded. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Heyooo. I don't know if he's talking about you. Back right after launch there were some people that were pissed that the PDC had a max at all that was dictated by system resource usage.

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Ezzda wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Eleventh wrote:
Are you seriously that retarded?! It doesnt even fall under sarcasm. "Or another demands that 12ms OF 1 f**king PLUGIN BE COMPENSATED BY THE PDC!" CUZ WHY THE f**k ELSE WOULD THERE BE A PDC?

CHEERS,
EZZDA!!!
Yes, I'm totally retarded. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom

Marketing: Oh Le God Bitwig supports True plugin delay compensation for our dear customers! Dont worry if all of it is bugged, we will fix it! We wont even prioritize some local bar noobs, who loop a loop for an hour, or fart a hardware with 1 note, with our wonderful software!

Cheers, indeed!

Ezzda

AND PS!
@CnuTram and @Suloo. You guys told me how supporting and professional their support is. Dom responds to my bugreport with "Please send me a project file, system specs, bla, bla, bla" Just like a bot would do, when theres a video right in his face with how to do it. Just like microsoft bots responding "Check recycle bin", just as stupid.
Last edited by Ezzda on Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I installed 1.9 yesterday and uninstalled it 10 mins later. None of my controllers, push and a frontier alphatrack to be precise would connect. However they connected straight away when going back to 1.8.

Also no my Virus TI won't load without crashing? On a blank project it loads but on a project I'm half into it crashes the bitwig engine?

Anyone else get anything like this? :help:

Most of the PDC issues can be worked around. It would be nice to see fixed sure, but I hardly see them as show stoppers.

For the record... Thomas is not retarded. He is one of the most helpful people on this forum and deserves better than name calling. :uhuhuh:

goatgirl wrote:Most of the PDC issues can be worked around. It would be nice to see fixed sure, but I hardly see them as show stoppers.

For the record... Thomas is not retarded. He is one of the most helpful people on this forum and deserves better than name calling. :uhuhuh:
Well the first time I see him, hes firing shots at people.

Ezzda wrote:Dom responds to my bugreport with "Please send me a project file, system specs, bla, bla, bla" Just like a bot would do, when theres a video right in his face with how to do it. Just like microsoft bots responding "Check recycle bin", just as stupid.
Your videos are very difficult to follow, as you keep jumping in and out of parts very fast. It took me a while to see what you where doing and the reason I posted my finding seperately. If you are serious about getting bugs fixed, then please send in the requested info as it will help in isolating the problems.

goatgirl wrote:
Ezzda wrote:Dom responds to my bugreport with "Please send me a project file, system specs, bla, bla, bla" Just like a bot would do, when theres a video right in his face with how to do it. Just like microsoft bots responding "Check recycle bin", just as stupid.
Your videos are very difficult to follow, as you keep jumping in and out of parts very fast. It took me a while to see what you where doing and the reason I posted my finding seperately. If you are serious about getting bugs fixed, then please send in the requested info as it will help in isolating the problems.
That's correct. In order to reproduce issues, we need an explanation and at least the basic setup info, like hardware and operating system.

@Ezzda: Please stop swearing and please edit your post, calling people retarded is over the line.

Cheers,
Dom

@ Ezzda

for the dev´s it´s important to know as much as they can about how the bug/error or what ever it is, can be reproduced. So if they wanna know about your project, system specs and all the stuff, they just wanna make sure that the problem is a Bitwig based one.

[*i.e. when i started Biwig the nearly the first time, it brought me plenty of x-runs (pops and crackling), but it wasn´t their fault, it was mine, not setting up my OS porpperly. Sometimes i tweak sth. wrong or what ever so Bitwig is not operating at it´s best. Same happend to me with Pianoteq v5, so it was neather Bitwig´s nor Pianoteq´s fault.]

But let´s get back to topic, find Bugs and report them (including myself) in an way everybody can see/get what excatly the problem is (better slow than too fast, cause the others may see that stuff for the first time)....

by the way if you guys post vids, like you did, i would recommend not just to show it, tell the people what excatly you did. Most Screenrecordingsoftwares are capable of recording AUDIO as well, so make use of it. :)

Cheers

@ Ezzda hopefully you aren´t angry about my comment, just wanted to point out what the use off all the information etc.is. :oops:

goatgirl wrote:
exactly my thoughts, you were doing things super fast in your video. I actualy didn't watch them to the end because i lost interest as fast as you were doing things.

Provide a simple project with your routing, then provide simple steps.

like:
step 1: do this
step 2: do that

you kinda behave like a little child that doesn't get his lolly pop imo. Please stop screaming and whining and provide valuable information instead.

Yes. Im a child. Sorry for overestimating all of you. I honestly thought your iq levels were above 0. Next time, if such time will come, ill make sure to remember with who im talking and ill make sure to go as slow as possible, because THERES NO WAY YOU have ever looked at bitwig in your life. Heck, not even a way its your lives work. Obviously will have to waste my time making world class tutorial, having a description at every f**king corner possible, so you guys could understand a tiny simple move. What else..? Oh yea, ill also include a project file. Sorry. Im fine with you being lazy and instead of pressing ctrl+T 3 times, you spending more time and pain just to get back at me with an excuse filled, copy/paste letter. Also include my system specs, how could I forget, that a part of your code would magically not work on my specs. Im a stupid kid, I should report cracks and squares not fitting into triangles instead. Ill hope youll understand, that those are code related and wont ask for my shit again.

No cheers at all,

Child

Return to “Bitwig”