New Yamaha instrument incoming ... all things indicate retro/re-issue

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Amazon: why not use an alternative

VitaminD wrote:Some on GS are calling them the REFACEPALM ...ouch
They need to hire him/her immediately because that person is more in marketing and pr than whole yamaha corp.
Last edited by david.beholder on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

Well maybe it is remotely possible that the organ will sound good.

I think these things are dongles. I think they should either make plugins or do full-sized synths.

Or desktop modules + a decent controller keyboard with a little 8 track onboard sequencer.

Well, i guess a new dx2015 with a good amount of hands on controls, 3 octave keybed and filters/effects, for under 1k, would ve made alot ppl happy, unlike this reface stuff. Even a modern rs7000 wouldnt sell bad i think.
Theres at least some hope that they take the korg route and release more sophisticated synth later.

The first video: https://youtu.be/G-a0672LvYU

Common specs:

Size: 530 mm (20 7/8") x 60 mm (2 3/8") x 175 mm (6 7/8")

Weight: 1.9 kg (4 lbs, 3 oz) (not including batteries)

37 HQ mini keys

Ins and outs:

DC IN (12 V) jack

PHONES (6.3 mm, stereo phone jack)

MIDI (mini-DIN IN/OUT)

AUX IN (3.5 mm, mini stereo phone jack)

L/MONO, R (6.3 mm, TS phone jack, unbalanced)

USB (TO HOST)

FOOT CONTROLLER: FC7 (optional) (to adjust the volume)

DX:

4 operator 12 algorithms 32 voices(patches)

Max Poly 8

Engine FM

CP:

6 keyboard types (rdI, rdII, wr, clv, toy, cp)

Max Poly 128

Engine SCM + AWM2

YC:

5 organ types (hammond, vox, farfisa, a (Japanese transistor organ) ,Yamaha YC-45D

Max Poly 128

Engine AWM (organ flutes)

CS:

5 Osc types

Max Poly 8

Engine AN
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote:The first video: https://youtu.be/G-a0672LvYU
Wow she looks good for 35.
:borg:

...there was a time when Japanese music companies made future centric synthesizers... Those days are gone.

Disappointing, IMO. I agree with others. To launch this, better launch a pack of plug-ins and a single controller.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Disappointing, IMO. I agree with others. To launch this, better launch a pack of plug-ins and a single controller.
i agree...all this hype for a pretty naff range of rehash synths,I'm mean jeesh are moog,elektron and dave smith the only ones pushing forward!!(ill add specatrasonics ominsphere in there to eric)...i won't be adding these in any way shape or form to my arsenal
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

I wonder if, under the hood, these are simply portions of the Motif..

they sound nice enough to my ears.. but man this would have been interesting if they were in a module without keyboard... with a vst editor.. not doing a whole lot with 3 octaves of keys..

damoog wrote:
fmr wrote:Disappointing, IMO. I agree with others. To launch this, better launch a pack of plug-ins and a single controller.
i agree...all this hype for a pretty naff range of rehash synths,I'm mean jeesh are moog,elektron and dave smith the only ones pushing forward!!(ill add specatrasonics ominsphere in there to eric)...i won't be adding these in any way shape or form to my arsenal
While I agree regarding Yamaha, I find your small list of companies "pushing forward" rather comical. Ever heard of eurorack, for starters?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

If they are cheap enough, they might make great stocking stuffers though, so maybe it's not all bad :)

What if this is just a cruel joke and Yamaha actually have pro sized version with more knobs and full sized keys that they will release on the launch date.

I wonder if these mini key things are leaked on purpose to .. mess with people. This would help their ad campaign i think, or it might also completely ruin it.

Just trying to stay optimistic here.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:If they are cheap enough, they might make great stocking stuffers though, so maybe it's not all bad :)

What if this is just a cruel joke and Yamaha actually have pro sized version with more knobs and full sized keys that they will release on the launch date.

I wonder if these mini key things are leaked on purpose to .. mess with people. This would help their ad campaign i think, or it might also completely ruin it.

Just trying to stay optimistic here.
All four of the Reface keyboards will ship in September, priced at $799 apiece.
http://www.slashgear.com/yamaha-reface- ... -07392032/

I'm going to guess that 799 price isn't even close to correct... maybe 799 for all 4... haha

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”