Any Plugins like FX Teleport?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awhile back I bought FX Teleport by FX-MAX so that I can use my other computers for additional processing power. Unfortunately, FX Teleport doesn't work very well on windows 7 and almost useless in 64bit environment(In fact it is a completely abandoned software) .

All of that to say is that I have few computers that I'd like to use through Network for more CPU power. I know that you can do it in Reaper natively but I'm not yet Reaper user so…

Any ideas or advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

Vienna Ensemble Pro is probably the most comprehensive and powerful application of this type:

http://www.vsl.co.at/en/211/497/1685/1990/1680.htm

but not cheap.

..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

VSL is very good but way too expensive. I will try wormhole but from what I see it wasn't updated since 2007 . FX Teleport also wasn't updated for the last 5 or 6 years.

Somebody just have to create a reasonably priced solution for the DAW networking.

Thanks for suggestions
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
There is a plugin for Reaper called ReaMote.

http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaMote (http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaMote)

Yes, I'm aware of ReaMote. Unfortunately I'm not using Reaper yet.
Thanks
www.montrealserai.com

Tapehead wrote:VSL is very good but way too expensive.
If you consider what you'd have to spend for hardware in order to transfer the equivalent number of channels to and from another machine, as well as the convenience of saving and recalling your setups, the price starts making a lot more sense. I hesitated a long time before I got VEP because of the price, but when I finally did I didn't regret it. It's also a convenient way of sharing instruments across platforms.

usine has hollyhock coming out that has networked transport controls. i hope to bit the bullet this year and buy vienna

Is Usine system the same like ReaMote? I mean is it tight up to Usin's DAW or can it be used in any other DAW?
www.montrealserai.com

Bit of a necro, apologies. No point starting a new thread for a dead product though.

From what I read FX Teleport doesn't work under Win7 or at least didn't when it was last discussed. Have there been any subsequent discoveries allowing it to do so?

Next question. Does it not like W7 on both the slave and master or is one ok? Ideally I'd like to run my XP DAW as master and a second W7 laptop as the slave.

I'm deep into a project ATM and my DAW is being brought to its knees and freezing isn't an option because the heavy plugs are on sends and the master.

TIA
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

It is possible to set it up under Win 7 but in most cases it would be extremely unreliable. In my experience, FX Teleport refuses to reload plugins that were previously saved with a session and sometimes it simply hangs and crashes the system. Also expect some synchronization problems.

I'm very surprised there're no other developers (apart from cockos and VEP) who're willing to fill that void.
www.montrealserai.com

Thanks Tapehead. Agree on the latter.

I'll give it a shot at the w/e and see what happens. If it's a no go I'll check prices of second hand XP laptops. If I can get one under £200 I will, otherwise will reluctantly get VES.

I just wanted to remind you that ReaStream is part of the free ReaPlugs pack. Maybe it can do what you want?...

geroyannis wrote:I just wanted to remind you that ReaStream is part of the free ReaPlugs pack. Maybe it can do what you want?...
Hmmmmm interesting.

This will allow me to have FX on one Win7 PC (the slave), and my main Cubase project on the XP DAW?

Essentially then it's a W7 version of FX Teleport. For free too...
Hmmmm, seems too good to be true.

Yes, I know FXT is free but only now after it's basically redundant.

Super-Necro-Bump - For anyone coming here with the search "FX Teleport Windows 10" (this is the top link on Google).

Windows 7 and 10 (and so I assume 8 too, not tried it) WILL run FX Teleport very stably, I have had it working with up to three PC's networked on both 7 and 10. FX Teleport gives me less issues than my DAW does and fully recalls everything with the project on the main machine.

There are some caveats (32 bit only VST's on client machines, but obviously you can still use native 64 bit VST's locally on your host machine) - this is a cheap (almost free, I needed to purchase JBridge at $15) and effective way of getting VST's hosted on a networked machine. I have used it to run many instances of even quite demanding VST's (Serum/Massive etc.) on the remotes and you would not know you are using the 32 bit versions - almost zero lag at lower audio buffer settings. Another bonus is extra monitors just dedicated to synth views.

Admittedly there are a couple of hoops to jump through to get it set up, but it does work on modern Windows versions. Message me for details, if there is any interest I will do a step by step how to.

Cheers, ET.

Return to “Effects”