One Synth Challenge #76: Mantra Evo (Syntax Project Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mantra Evo

Voted!

I am probably just a bit thick but I do not seem to understand how to vote. "All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over" what and to where exactly? Any explanation would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim.

Jimhurt, have you logged onto the voting page? Once you've done so, it should all be pretty clear.

Jimhurt01 wrote:I am probably just a bit thick but I do not seem to understand how to vote. "All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over" what and to where exactly? Any explanation would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim.
On the left side there are 5 boxes, each one representing the score from 5 to 1 descending. Simply move your mouse over a track, and click + drag it into the desired score box.

May I add that I totally dig your voting page, bj! I've never seen it like that. I had to stop and think for a moment, too, Jim, so don't worry.
Drag and drop on a website for voting...sheesh...so neat! :tu:

I have voted.

Thanks for the help. I seem to have missed the large, yellow and underlined Vote here link on the top of the page.

Jim

voted

Voted.
Still don't think louder is better (talking to myself :scared: )

:tu:

voted!

shouts out to BJ Porter and Mehum. Really nice sounds and production.

Wish I had more time to comment more.

bh9090 wrote:shouts out to BJ Porter and Mehum. Really nice sounds and production.
That really means a lot! Thank you!
I was really not confident posting this track, really struggling to get it finished in a few hours from the basis I made a few weeks ago. Nearly did not bother joining at all.

So this makes me very happy!

SinnerSign wrote:Sorry to interrupt. I'm here mostly to learn smth, as it was written in the topic's header.

Is there a way to learn equalizing? I know all the theory, I do music for a long time, but still my eqing process in a noncritical tracks is mostly random, and my renders are cold and plastic (I do a lot of saturation, but it doesn't help in a way that I need). Is there a strict way to learn eq by numbers, or tools for it? Because my ears are lying to me a lot.

Thank you.
The way I think about EQ is that the 1st thing is trying to use a sound that fits without EQ, if you use EQ then it is much more natural sounding to remove frequencies rather than boosting them. If you work by boosting frequencies throughout your mix it will sound harsher and also makes everything louder and competitive. If you do boost try to keep it to small amounts.

It's also a good tip to roll off low bass on bassy tracks below 80hz as this can take a lot of bandwidth in a mix and muddy/lower the overall volume. Same goes at the top end above 20khz which is above human hearing and so takes up unnecessary bandwidth. It's also good practice to do this on the master bus :)

Hope that helps!

Voted, there were some great tracks this month I enjoyed listening through, good luck to everyone!

Voted!

Voted! Will have to leave comments later. Some of yall do the most amazing things with little resources!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”