Omnisphere How to Repeat / Loop a Sample

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!

I'm using Omnisphere, but this could be a more general sampling question.

I have my soundsource (sample) chosen, and I want to press a key once, hold it down, and have it automatically re-trigger the sample every so often. There's a loop button on the "envelopes" editor, but even if it's turned on, the sample still fades out and doesn't repeat.

Anyone know if there's a way to re-trigger the note without letting go and pressing it again? Thanks!

II

You could use the arpeggiator for that. I haven't tried but I think it allows fairly long repeat time as well.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

I have the same frustration. I have been trying for hours to make the "clairvoyant" patch loop. I can't find anywhere to adjust the "loop point" for the sample and so I just have to retrigger it via a new midi note. I want to make a pad with it. Very frustrating that we can't do a basic thing like this. Have you figured out another way than arpeggiating it? I want it to be a pad. Thanks!

Omnisphere will play looped audio files, but the loop points must be embedded in the audio file
before importing. Many audio editors have this ability, such as Sony's Sound Forge Pro,
Steinberg's WaveLab, or DSP­Quattro (Mac only).

Have Fun. :tu:

Gawd. Let's hope we don't get into the "Why doesn't omni have sample manipulation tools" debate.

rotong wrote:Omnisphere will play looped audio files, but the loop points must be embedded in the audio file
before importing. Many audio editors have this ability, such as Sony's Sound Forge Pro,
Steinberg's WaveLab, or DSP­Quattro (Mac only).

Have Fun. :tu:
Been trying to do this tonight and found this topic.

What I understand is that I need a third party audio editor to save the file this way?
Does the default audio editor from my DAW or from any other DAW for that matter lack this feature?

Bump. Also can you recommend a sample editing software that preserves loop points in the .WAV/.AIFF file?

Old thread but found this easy way to do it in Logic Pro. Worked very easily.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH13157?locale=en_US

I haven't tried but apparently Slicex or Edison in FL Studio can edit loop points of samples.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”