What Linux distro for T6?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible for TSC to state a current flawless working distro? Since its no biggie to dual boot Linux I would be happy to install another one.

I find it very frustrating to fire up T6 full of inspiration and have it crash some minutes later when I try to select a drum loop from the file selector. Unfortunately Im not really up to bugreporting when Im in music creativity mood... Ardour4 saves my day...

I tried to revert back to T5 where things were more stable only to find out that Carla no longer works there...

If TSC (or someone else) has a "close to flawless" distro with a recommended desktop environment, and whatever else might have an impact on Tracktion stability, I would be happy to use that.

Tracktion (T3) was the single one application I dearly missed when I moved from Windows some years ago. Now I want a stable version rather than more bells and whistles. To me Tracktion is all about superior workflow. (LV2 support would be great though )

Anders

running KXstudio 14.4 atm.
"Ubuntu Studio 16.04 with KXStudio"

Hi Anders

The last I heard was that Tracktion (at least circa v5) was built under Ubuntu 12.04 so my guess would be that that should be the most reliable Linux distro to run it under. Of course, it's pretty ancient by Linux standards but it will still be supported by Canonical for another couple of years.

I'd advise you not to install Arch / Antegros for running T6 as I only get a few minutes of working ALSA MIDI. Someone running the latest opensuse release said T6 and ALSA MIDI is working fine for them so you could give suse a shot?

I've been learning and recording with zebralette recently. It is easily the best freeware synth for Linux. It works great under qtractor and A4 but I can't use it for more than a few minutes under Arch T6 before it crashes. It might work fine under other distros?

I really hope TSC's Linux guy can get these issues sorted out under Arch as that has becme my distro of choice and like you I could see myself installing another distro just to be able to run T if I had no other choice but that would be a shame. It seems to me than Arch is the most popular Linux distro these days after the ubiquitous Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora/RH/Centos.

Return to “Tracktion”