AAS Ultra Analog VA-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ultra Analog VA-2

The GUI update is brilliant news. Many thanks!

:party:

Steverdo wrote:The GUI update is brilliant news. Many thanks!
So is microtuning.

Although it would have been even more useful in Chromaphone - god knows why they have listened to users over UA but not longer standing FRs for Chromaphone which is still missing even elementary things like support for pitchwheel (and has only rudimentary support for modwheel and none for aftertouch).

GUI update is now perfect ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:GUI update is now perfect ;)
Still on 3 pages and multiple tabs, knob color almost the same as background, white text on dark background*, metallic sheen on knobs + wood panels ( :o :hihi: ) - I wouldn't call this perfect, but its just my opinion...

* How fashionable!
Last edited by toothnclaw on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:
So is microtuning.

Although it would have been even more useful in Chromaphone - god knows why they have listened to users over UA but not longer standing FRs for Chromaphone which is still missing even elementary things like support for pitchwheel (and has only rudimentary support for modwheel and none for aftertouch).
:tu:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

How does the sound compare between VA-1 and VA-2?
A well-behaved signature.

toothnclaw wrote:
MillerSam wrote:GUI update is now perfect ;)
Still on 3 pages and multiple tabs, knob color almost the same as background, white text on dark background*, metallic sheen on knobs + wood panels ( :o :hihi: ) - I wouldn't call this perfect, but its just my opinion...

* How fashionable!
Totally agree. It doesn't look much better than before in terms of usability. Is the whole plugin window bigger at least?

aMUSEd wrote:
So is micro tuning. Although it would have been even more useful in Chromaphone
+1 absolutely agree

toothnclaw wrote:white text on dark background*

* How fashionable!
There is a reason for this, as outlined in "Crandall's Simple Steps To Avoid UI Suck"
1. LIGHT ON DARK
Musicians are generally either in a dark studio/spare bedroom/basement or on stage, and generally working in the evening or at night. Looking at a bright white slab of screen can be irritating, and occasionally painful. A UI for musicians should be lighter colored elements on a dark background. The accepted guideline for contrast is 4.5:1 for normal text and 3:1 for large text. In real world RGB terms, assuming a black background, your text should be at least #959595 or lighter. (I prefer lighter.) Dark text and elements on a light background just sucks for the most part, but if you do it, maintain the same contrast ratio for any element that provides information to the user.
I mean, there's plenty to dislike about the UA VA-2 interface, but light-on-dark isn't one of them. At least size isn't one of them either anymore.
Last edited by foosnark on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metallic knob caps are silly because the eye has to concentrate so much on trying to detect the little line or dot.

:wheee:

:party: Finally!

Very pleased to see a larger GUI and microtuning support. Hope the microtuning also makes it into the AAS synths in Ableton Suite.

foosnark wrote:I mean, there's plenty to dislike about the UA VA-2 interface, but light-on-dark isn't one of them.
For some people with impaired eyesight it's a problem. (E.g. for me.) I've seen it discussed here on kvr multiple times. Not everyone is a druggie working in a dark basement at night.
fluffy_little_something wrote:Is the whole plugin window bigger at least?
It says the edit page only. I.e., the other two are the same size as before? That could be a problem in some hosts (resizing of plugin wrapper).

Return to “Instruments”