Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Thats a nasty little bugger...... But i think i found why it behaves like that..

If you put a drummaschine device on a track and put a sample on C1 pad FIRST!!! (important!!) and switch tracks and go back to drummaschine nothing happens.

BUT!? When you put a sample FIRST on for example E1 pad and switch tracks... and go back to drummaschine its messed up.

So its important that you put your first sample on c1 pad first.

Tried it 100 times this evening and it happens all the time.

Thats not all... when you move sample C1 to another slot it appears again when switching tracks. but when you put your sample back on c1
It back to normal so i think its got something to do with the c1 pad..

I fight further.... :evil: :borg:

I want to know for sure before sending to techsupport... But i thought maybe it makes sense to you in a way???
Im a total noob in coding or understanding this kind of things. :oops: :oops:

EDIT: it looks like bitwig wants you to FORCE to occupy pad c1 and doesnt like when you move around with that pad.

i sended it to TECHsupport also.. :-)

codec17 wrote:Thats a nasty little bugger...... But i think i found why it behaves like that..

i sended it to TECHsupport also.. :-)
Great, hope they can fix it.

Hi I'm just going through the features of push 4 bigwig and noticed that you can't duplicate a scene with out navigating back to the software to select the scene with the mouse. You can not select a scene to duplicate using the select button, and neither select multiple clips or at least i can't see how its done, so in both those situations you need to reach for the mouse. Is this a bug or have i just not figured it out?

Cheers

Rich

richielg wrote:Hi I'm just going through the features of push 4 bigwig and noticed that you can't duplicate a scene with out navigating back to the software to select the scene with the mouse. You can not select a scene to duplicate using the select button, and neither select multiple clips or at least i can't see how its done, so in both those situations you need to reach for the mouse. Is this a bug or have i just not figured it out?

Cheers

Rich
Theres a third Option: Its just not possible :D

Is the aim to have full Push capabilities with Push4Bitwig? I guess this will very much depend on expanding the API, but do you think it will be one day achievable?

I will say one thing about Ableton, I do think they got the features and user experience just about right with the Push. I sometimes fire up my 8 tracks of Live just to have a play.

goatgirl wrote:Is the aim to have full Push capabilities with Push4Bitwig? I guess this will very much depend on expanding the API, but do you think it will be one day achievable?

I will say one thing about Ableton, I do think they got the features and user experience just about right with the Push. I sometimes fire up my 8 tracks of Live just to have a play.
This was the point from the beginning. When I started helping Moss in the very beginning we made a list straight from Ableton's Push site docs, starting implementing everything that we could and what we couldn't is on the "Can't implement Collection" list.

So to answer your question, we tried and only the API stands in the way, everything that can be implemented IS and a bunch extra.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

TeotiGraphix wrote:
This was the point from the beginning. When I started helping Moss in the very beginning we made a list straight from Ableton's Push site docs, starting implementing everything that we could and what we couldn't is on the "Can't implement Collection" list.

So to answer your question, we tried and only the API stands in the way, everything that can be implemented IS and a bunch extra.
Well that is good to hear. I had hoped that was the goal, but nice to have confirmation. :tu:

It also saves me having to request missing features, if they are already planned. I've held off reporting some of the quirky behavior too as hopefully it will be ironed out during the beta stages as things progress.

goatgirl wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:

Well that is good to hear. I had hoped that was the goal, but nice to have confirmation. :tu:

It also saves me having to request missing features, if they are already planned. I've held off reporting some of the quirky behavior too as hopefully it will be ironed out during the beta stages as things progress.

FYI, at about the time Moss and I said, well... that is about all we can do is when I stopped dev on Push4Bitwig and started Maschine4Bitwig.

After that, layers came out and drum stuff, Moss implemented that stuff.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

TeotiGraphix wrote:
goatgirl wrote:
TeotiGraphix wrote:

FYI, at about the time Moss and I said, well... that is about all we can do is when I stopped dev on Push4Bitwig and started Maschine4Bitwig.

After that, layers came out and drum stuff, Moss implemented that stuff.

Mike
I'm guessing that Push4Bitwig and Maschine4Bitwig will share quite a lot of similarities as far as basic functionality is concerned, so you can share code as features develop or is it too different to do that.

goatgirl wrote: I'm guessing that Push4Bitwig and Maschine4Bitwig will share quite a lot of similarities as far as basic functionality is concerned, so you can share code as features develop or is it too different to do that.
They already do; Framework4Bitwig is the base that all the "4" shares.

I ported most of the functionality to Maschine from Push. The main difference is 16 vrs 64 pads which is a big difference for scene stuff but scales and all the other jaz works the same. Step sequencing and drums etc.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Hi Guys

I am also having problems with Rob Papen Punch breaking the Push4Bitwig script. Every time you load an instance of Punch push becomes completely unresponsive and you need to restart the project for it to work again. It behaves the same when copying and pasting an instance of Punch or duplicating it. This is the only vst of mine that does that as far as i can tell. Shame coz I'm really getting into punch.

Cheers

Rich

Hi There,

Is there any way to customize the knob resolution of Push4Bitwig per situation?
For instance, I feel it is a bit too much sensitive when I turn the "small knob 2" (above touch strip) to move the play cursor. It is easy to jump the play position to 10 bars but I prefer more blunt. However when I turn a knob for device parameter, (OSC pitch, filter cutoff, etc.) I need to turn the knob twice from minimum value to maximum value although I like to increase/decrease the value quickly.

One more question. Where do we see the installed version of the Push4Bitwig script? Should I open the script file itself of somewhere handy location in Bitwig GUI? Thanks for your help in advance.

Uplay wrote:One more question. Where do we see the installed version of the Push4Bitwig script? Should I open the script file itself of somewhere handy location in Bitwig GUI? Thanks for your help in advance.
You can always look at the Push.control.js in the root Push4Bitwig directory and the version is in this call;

host.defineController ("Ableton", "Push", "5.00", "D69AFBF0-B71E-11E3-A5E2-0800200C9A66", "Jürgen Moßgraber & Michael Schmalle");

From the UI, I guess Moss could put the version in the HTML page so you can just press the question mark from the UI. I don't think there is a place they use the version you pass in defineController() right now, I may be wrong.

Mike
Michael Schmalle
Surfing on sine waves

Hi Moss,

Thanks again for your work.

I have a specials requests

Would it be possible to use the 64 pads as fader like on novation controller launchpad, for example you press shift + Vol and so the 64 pads move the volume like the rotary knob ? Same thing for PAN, SEND, ...

Would it be possible with a special combinaison of key shift + ??, that the 8 rotary knobs and the 2 x 8 pads at the top become standard midi controller that we can assign with BWS, im my case i want to assign the rotary knob to a hipass filter for live?

Thanks

Cedre

Return to “Controller Scripting”