Harrison Mixbus 3 is coming today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mixbus 10

There's an info out there that existing users should be getting an upgrade coupon at 40 USD (bargain thread).

Is this right? And - if yes - when will those emails be sent out?
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

I'm excited to see what it brings, but it would be nice to have a changelog or new features list.

I'll wait till the upgrade is $19. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well, I guess 40 USD is a very reasonable price. In my case it would get me a "full featured" DAW for 60 USD.

OK, of course nothing can be said about the performance so far.
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

$60 would also get you another full featured DAW that has already established its worth. ;)

But I have to say... now that MIDI is in the game, this is beginning to look fairly interesting.

Guessing there's still no demo? Would really like to give it a spin. Mostly curious about how the routing works, and how "tracks" are implemented (25 different track types like in other DAWs = no go).
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

Mixbus looks really straight forward to use for audio editing and recording, and it seems to be getting a load of high praise for it's sound.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I don't get how their communication is handled. I didn't get any mail announcing the release of Mixbus 3 of any update deal. It doesn't seem to be annouced on their fb page...
That kind of update is an important step that should be announced or even teased before the release...
Anyway, I'm really eager to get it. It seems that it will be more compatible with VST and the new
graphic interface is cool ! :)

Endor-8o8 wrote:I don't get how their communication is handled. I didn't get any mail announcing the release of Mixbus 3 of any update deal. It doesn't seem to be annouced on their fb page...
That kind of update is an important step that should be announced or even teased before the release...
Anyway, I'm really eager to get it. It seems that it will be more compatible with VST and the new
graphic interface is cool ! :)
I think it's because they have a small team of people working on it. The release is probably a multi-stage thing. Website up, store updated, emails out, etc...

This time the forum posts hit first though :)

Robert Randolph wrote: I think it's because they have a small team of people working on it. The release is probably a multi-stage thing. Website up, store updated, emails out, etc...

This time the forum posts hit first though :)
That's also my conclusion...and what seems to be explained in the Harrison's forum

According to the same forum : "Existing users will receive an update email. The update price from v2 to v3 is $40."
This update seems to bring what v2 was missing so count me in ! :D

Does anybody knows if it now supports midi control devices? Would love to be able to control it with my Behringer BCF2000!

I'll just be happy if they can make it stable and compatible with more vst plugins. I *love* how it sounds -- there does seem to be some kind of magic in the console emulation, especially with a bit of their saturation dialled in. I actually invested enough time -- reading the manual and everything, omg -- to learn to use it to mix stems exported from my other DAW. Problem was, it was so unstable for me -- sometimes crashing when using just the Harrison stock fx, nothing else -- that I gave up. I still put my final mixdowns through it as a kind of "secret sauce". Fingers crossed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Djnro1 wrote:Does anybody knows if it now supports midi control devices? Would love to be able to control it with my Behringer BCF2000!
The answer is Yes it supports

Cool, I always loved Mixbus but in its previous state it was pretty worthless.

With all the hosts supporting Jack on Windows now having 64bit versions as well, it's a bit of a letdown that Jack for Windows is still 32bit only. I was sure Bitwig alone would have made a 64bit version appear...

Wheres the 'Whats new' info?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”