Is it OK to install different versions of 32/64-bit bundles?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm finally transitioning fully to the 64-bit DAW world. I have just the one last big 32-bit mixing project in progress and it is using 8.x versions of MMixingBundle & MFreeEffectsBundle. I don't have 64-bit Melda plugins installed at all.

Is it safe to install the latest 9.x 64-bit bundles on the same machine that has the 8.x 32-bit plugs? It looks like the 32/64 installs are completely independent but better safe than ...

Would be fun to get to play with MDrumEnhancer while taking a break from mixing. :hyper:

When you install v9 you get both the 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins installed automatically. Just make sure that you select different folders for each of them and you should be OK. if you end up with v8 32-bit in one folder, v9 32-bit in another and v9 64-bit in a third, then your DAW may have some fun finding the right ones - you may need to edit the plug-ins paths list and do a rescan in your DAW (which one are you using?).

This is related:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=442207

I would save a preset for each MeldaProduction plug-in used in the project before installing v9.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:When you install v9 you get both the 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins installed automatically. Just make sure that you select different folders for each of them and you should be OK. if you end up with v8 32-bit in one folder, v9 32-bit in another and v9 64-bit in a third, then your DAW may have some fun finding the right ones - you may need to edit the plug-ins paths list and do a rescan in your DAW (which one are you using?).
Thanks for the help.

Well, it's no problem finding the correct DLLs. If I get v9 32-bit even when I don't need them, I'd install them to C:\VST-notused. I have Samplitude Pro 11 using C:\VST-x86 (containing Melda v8 stuff). Samplitude Pro X2 is set to use C:\VST-x64 and this is where I'd install the v9 64-bit DLLs.

I was more concerned about potentially shared resources under Program Files or AppData, etc. Would the v8 files survive v9 installation unharmed?
DarkStar wrote:I would save a preset for each MeldaProduction plug-in used in the project before installing v9.
That would be a good idea but in this case it's too much work. There are some two dozen projects (13 songs plus some transitional snippets and helper projects for bass reamping and the like) and the larger ones are ~150 tracks.

I dunno... maybe I should just bite the bullet and finish mixing this damn album and THEN play with the new toys. But you know how it is with new shiny toys... :D

rdnzl wrote: I have just the one last big 32-bit mixing project in progress and it is using 8.x versions of MMixingBundle & MFreeEffectsBundle.
You didn't mention "two dozen projects ". ;)

I'd be tempted to finish it first too. I think that all the settings etc will survive, but wait for MeldaProduction to confirm.

The bonus is: you should be able to install MDrumEnhancer ONLY if you wish, just make sure it is the only one selected in the v9 Installer.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well, I'd say - feel free to install V9, you can always revert to previous version. It shouldn't mess your presets, but you can always back them up, this is where all settings are:

Windows: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MeldaProduction
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application support/MeldaProduction
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

DarkStar wrote:You didn't mention "two dozen projects ". ;)
True.... my bad...
DarkStar wrote:I'd be tempted to finish it first too. I think that all the settings etc will survive, but wait for MeldaProduction to confirm.
Yep. It's no big deal if it can't be done. I can always leave the studio machine alone and install v9 on a laptop.

MeldaProduction wrote:Well, I'd say - feel free to install V9, you can always revert to previous version. It shouldn't mess your presets, but you can always back them up, this is where all settings are:

Windows: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\MeldaProduction
Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application support/MeldaProduction
Thanks Vojtech! No problem with the presets... I don't really use any.

Return to “MeldaProduction”