View all parts in the editor

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I have a few parts in one track, in the editor window there is only one part of the track visible, even when I mark all parts. How can I let the editor window display all parts of the track with autoscroll?

Do you mean you want to open more than one sequence? Like, if a track has sub-tracks for any kind, or if you have several sequences along one track?
Which ever it is, the editor window always just edits one sequence. You can display more than one sequence by turning it to a floating window; Right Click on [EDIT] in the top row to select "Show Floating Editor". Then you can pull the editor window smaller, for example, and select another sequence. You might have to go through the same procedure for all subsequent sequences ("Show Floating Editor"), in order to bring them all up and arrange them on your screen.

But I really don't know, if that's what you mean? :shrug:

Yep, that's what he means. I think. :)

It's a bit limiting that you can edit only one sequence at a time.

Agreed, but we've talked about that already, of course. Apparently it is a little more complicated to sync up multiple editor displays. :shrug: ...but I have a feeling that this will come eventually! 8-)

Yeah it is not easy. Reaper was like that for a LOT of time. Then they buckled down and just did it. Now it's great, with the track list, you can select what you want to see, and what you want your edits to apply on. It's easy to change the pitch of one or several notes throughout all the items/sequences on the whole track, for example. Or change quantization/humanization across multiple items at once, etc etc.

I meant that all sequences in one track should be visible , when they are marked. The solution to open a few floating windows works , but is not comfortable. I will add it to the feature-wish-list.

Yeah, kind of like a "track editor" view, rather than just sequence based. Makes sense to me! :tu:
However, you can always merge sequences! ;)

To merge the sequences is not always what I want.

I know, I know...just sayin'! :)
I think it would truly be awesome to have such a track editor view, simply having greyed out areas in the parts without a sequence. Would be very elegant.

Return to “MUTOOLS”