Feature Request: MIDI SONGPOS message on loop

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Would it be possible (or is it already possible) to send a MIDI SONGPOS message in a loop? That is, when the playback jumps back to the start of a loop, I need a SONGPOS message for the new beat position.
Thanks
Mike Christiansen

Just to keep this warm for you, I noticed that nobody has reacted to it. I suppose that's the kind of message that should be saved in a midi export. Hopefully Jo will respond to this. If it wasn't already in there, I'd imagine it would be not the biggest deal for MuLab to hook that into the export code as well?!

Thanks for your input. The project I am working on is using these messages to drive animation generation. As it stands, MuLab does a great job with sending start / continue / stop / songpos / clock messages. But loops are useless b/c the songpos is not being sent.

That's cool! I'm sure this explanation has much more motivating power, too. I'm most certainly interested in seeing your project when it's done, if it is something public, of course?!

Anyhow, you're more than welcome and I wished I could help more! ;)
Last edited by Taron on Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, implemented in the next version. I would appreciate it if you could seriously test it in the next test version and feedback if it works 100% ok. That next test version is expected to be available here on the forum within +- 10 days.

Will do... And Thanks!

Hi. I've downloaded and tested the songpos msg on loop and it works great.
Thanks so much.
Mike

Return to “MUTOOLS”