Samplit - opnions? What other options for windows?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Is Samplit the best application for automate sampling for windows?

I know there is some super app for this on mac, but the features on that app is hopfully spread out on differnt apps on Windows

Thanks

Yeah, those are about the only three. It really depends on what you are sampling though. Samplit and Samplerobot both need a virtual MIDI port to be able to work with sampling VSTi plugins. If you are sampling external gear or an audio source, Samplit is great for that. ESC is FAR superior in sampling plugins, including with effects. It does it all in the box.

It also depends on how many formats you need, and if you need to be able to open up patches and convert them. If you want to load wave files into a patch and create a patch that way, Samplerobot can do that. Samplit can't.

So how exactly will you be sampling, and WHAT will you be sampling? With some more specifics, we can help answer the question even better. I'll be doing a comparison review of all three of these programs soon over at ProRec.com, but it's not ready for a little while longer.

Feel free to ask some specific questions.

Brent
My host is better than your host

koolkeys wrote:...I'll be doing a comparison review of all three of these programs soon over at ProRec.com, but it's not ready for a little while longer...
Hi Brent,
I'm keen on this review for some time, but unfortunately I just can't find it.
Would you (or anybody else) please help me?
Thanks a lot!
Gorenc

I've recently been demoing Sample Robot and Samplit. Samplit seems to work much better - using a new 2013 iMAC as the test machine. The overall gui and workflow is much clearer on Samplit. It's easy to find all the controls and settings.
Even though Samplit documentation doesn't appear to mention recording VSTi's it sure enough has a dedicated Midi Plugin button and...it worked for me the first time recording Reaktor! Samplit creates a list of your plugins and brings up the VSTi for you. Just set the programs range and it does the rest. Samplit also creates .nki patches for Kontakt and can create keyswitches also.
In Samplit I have now tried all three recording options, Midi instrument, Real instrument and Midi Plugin - they all work as advertised

So many options in Sample Robot made no sense to me and didn't work as expected. Sample Robot bombs out on me %50 of the time and couldn't get the midi program change option working at all, had to set the instrument manually on my old synth workstation then record. Sample Robot says it creates .sxt patches for Kontakt ? and Reason which I guess works but...you only have the option of creating .sf2 patches in the demo version of Sample Robot. It looks like Sample Robot has a new version coming out soon but don't know if that will be better.

There is much more to say but just wanted to give a heads up to anyone still interested in this topic. See pic of Samplit and Sample Robot below.
SAMPLIT

Sample Robot

Cheers,

C

Hi, C!
Thanks for your (at least for me valuable) review.

I have been using Extreme Sample Converter forever. It works great, but has been abandoned for many years and still has some bugs. It is still my go-to sample converter / vsti capture software despite it's abandonment.

I own Samplerobot Pro with Waverobot and it is very hard to figure out. However, once everything is working, it is great for sampling hardware or software sound sources. Plenty of hair pulling moments I can assure you. However, it's ability to create very nice seamless loops automatically as part of the process is a godsend.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:I have been using Extreme Sample Converter forever. It works great, but has been abandoned for many years and still has some bugs. It is still my go-to sample converter / vsti capture software despite it's abandonment.

I own Samplerobot Pro with Waverobot and it is very hard to figure out. However, once everything is working, it is great for sampling hardware or software sound sources. Plenty of hair pulling moments I can assure you. However, it's ability to create very nice seamless loops automatically as part of the process is a godsend.

Mike
Thanks for the info Mike. I'm still evaluating both Sample Robot and Samplit. So far as stated above Samplit, is way ahead in ease of use for the functionality I need. I kind of figured that Sample Robot could do everything but getting there is painful.

Hi

I am looking for Samplit's manual, anybody ?

Thanks.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,
I know I'm late.
And - don't expect too much!

Here:
http://jmrenvoise.free.fr/Les%20Sampler ... amplit.pdf (http://jmrenvoise.free.fr/Les%20Samplers%20-%20Samplit_fichiers/samplit.pdf)

Thanks a lot !!!

semplmat wrote:Hello,
I know I'm late.
And - don't expect too much!

Here:
http://jmrenvoise.free.fr/Les%20Sampler ... amplit.pdf
This appears to be the manual for the original Samplit from several years ago. Samplit 2.0 was released earlier this year and has a number of new features. See http://www.soundlib.com/samplit/.

Yes, i was aware of the new version. It would be interesting to have some feedback from someone who had experience with both versions.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”