Admiral Quality Poly-ana offers custom skinning (and win a free license)!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Poly-Ana

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
ccDuckett wrote:I'd love to see what http://flavoursoflime.blogspot.com/ could do.
Has someone told him about the free synth offer? That guy could get a free PA for sure with a skin like that...
I sent him a PM two days ago. His response:
"At the moment I'm busy with other things but I will download Poly-Ana and take a look at it and see what I can do. If it's not too complicated to make a skin for it I will give it a shot".

Since Limeflavour has done a skin for Alchemy I'm pretty sure he won't find skinning Poly-Ana too complicated. So hopefully we'll see a Limeflavour skin for Poly-Ana some time in the future........... :tu:

I also sent a PM to ENV1 who did the impressive skin for PG8X among others. No response from him yet........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Screenshots removed as skins without a GUI keyboard are no longer supported in the latest version...
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

There are lots of wasted space in the background picture for a start, IMO. The matrices are badly presented, and confusing. Why not the usual way: Source (selector rectangle), Amount (pot), Destination (selector rectangle)?. And why do we need a pot surrounded by small pictures for the wave selection? Why not simply a selector displaying the current wave (could be a picture, if wanted).

The same applies to the LFOs and the matrix in the middle. Wisely rearranged, the control panel can be smaller and cleaner. Using the same space, it can be MUCH CLEANER. Things just have to be well thought, with a fresh approach. And please, get rid of those horrible rings surrounding the knobs. Makes the space appear much more cluttered than it already is.
Fernando (FMR)

Teksonik wrote:I wouldn't count on Lance Thackery...............

Anyway this is the edit I'll be using until a real skinner creates a new skin:

So far I think this one is the easiest to look at. Would you mind posting that background? Or did you?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: So far I think this one is the easiest to look at. Would you mind posting that background? Or did you?
Yes I did a couple of pages back but here it is again so you don't have to go looking.........(there are a few edits besides the background so I'd suggest using the whole skin folder, there have been adjustments since the screenshot was taken). :)

Tek Edit 1

----
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fmr wrote:. And why do we need a pot surrounded by small pictures for the wave selection? Why not simply a selector displaying the current wave (could be a picture, if wanted).
The waveform selection is not just just simple steps but is continuous (!!). You could even modulate the waveform morphing (wit hteh "WFM" parameter).

When the DM/WFM switch is set to "DM" you could modulate the filter routing (filter 1/filter 2) for that oscillator.

PWM is a bit different tha the waveform morphing.
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Skinning my stuff is one of my fav parts of my projects, so I tried to give this a shot but upon downloading/making some knobs/bg and trying to reskin I see you have to get the pro version in order for the skinning to work... Correct? While I don't quite want to purchase this just to give you a skinning treatment, I'm willing to give it a go and you guys can use my elements to refix/remix from there if you'd like if they fit.

From a dev/visual perspective, this thing is a monster (160 ish knobs/things to lay out), so I see why you've given it so much real estate. However I would encourage you to utilize more width and less height in future versions (i.e you could take the top four elements and lay them out on the right going down x2 - probably save any laptops/widescreens from it getting chopped). I have a few tools that also have 150+ knobs/sliders/elements and it's a tall order to make this smaller but doable imo.
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

It wouldn't make any sense to make people buy a Poly-Ana license just to make a skin for it so you could get a free license.......But I'll check just to be sure...... :shrug:

EDIT: I just checked and the DEMO version can be used to create a skin that if accepted will earn you a free Poly-Ana license.

^ That's what I thought, I downloaded the demo from http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... /skins.php - and redid some of the knobs/updated the background, none of my changes are being read when I launch the vst it still shows older graphics, and I thought I read a disclaimer somewhere re not being able to skin the light version so my bad, not sure where I'm going wrong.

There is no light version. There is Lil PolyAna but the full Demo version should allow skinning as I have been assured. What host are you using ? You may have to delete Poly-Ana and reload another instance rather than just closing and re-opening the gui.

Anyway don't give up I'm sure you'll get it working. :)

Edit: Sorry, to clarify there is no Demo "version" there is Demo "mode". There is only one version of Poly-Ana it just gets unlocked when you have a Key.

As a test here's what I did.

1. Removed PolyAna from my machine totally.

2. Re-downloaded it (I'm on WIN - 32bit - Cubase SX for this test)

3. Changed the background to a new one - renamed the old background with _old at the end - left the new background as the original name - essentially replacing the background.

4. I load up Cubase, load the VST, and it gives me an even different background than any that are in the skins folder along with elements that are also not in the skins folder.

Here's an image - step1 old background - step2 new background - step3 what shows up in my DAW.

:shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Make sure you are using 1.30 Beta 3. Make sure the Skin folder is in the right location. Program Files/Admiral Quality/Poly-Ana/Skin

You've got the old skin showing on the image to the far right. The new one should like the one on the top of this page:

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... /skins.php

There's also some information on that page that may help you get it going........ :)

I think it may be that the skin folder is just in the wrong location. I had the same problem when first using the new Beta.

^Thank you kindly, worked.

I didn't see this documentation anywhere re the file paths (or I didn't read enough).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cool ! Glad you got it working. Would you be willing to give making some new large knobs for the default skin a try ? :)

It's the small knobs that I find hardest to read! The little white bit that shows what position it's at just isn't very obvious. And the shadows are pretty annoying.

Thanks for link Teksonik!

Return to “Instruments”