How often does your DAW crash?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Studio One 2 Pro and Live 9 Suite. Usually under 5 crashes/year. Then came NI Replika and I had lots and lots of crashes.

Sadly reaper in the recent years, had a few bluescreens.

Every day without fail. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

crash ?? huh ?? if i'd had more than 20 crashes over the last 9 years, i'd be surprised :shrug:

Mixcraft has never crashed so far since I got it about two years ago, it is surprisingly robust, didn't expect that for that price :)
Sometimes it freezes for a couple of seconds when I rescan the whole plugin folder manually, but it doesn't crash, but simply says this or that plugin caused a problem and has thus been hidden. But I rarely ever scan the whole folder.
At startup it only seems to scan for any changes to the plugin folder(s), i.e. it is always up to date without a full rescan.

Before that I used Mulab, crashed daily, probably due to some driver incompatibility support said. I liked Mulab and wanted to keep it, but if it didn't work on my stupid computer, what was I to do but ditch it...

whet wrote:Sadly reaper in the recent years, had a few bluescreens.
A user land program like REAPER and other DAWs can't cause a blue screen.

Your drivers / hardware on the other hand can.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

my old Delta44 card by M-Audio can make Reaper blue-screen. I only use my fasttrack pro for reaper now, much better. Any remaining flakiness comes from really old flaky computer.

FL Studio.
I remember it crashed once back in 2005 or so. Really pissed me off, but I got over it.
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

Had some crashes in REAPER recently but that was caused probably by a bad ASIO driver.

My DAW crashes less than anyone else's, that's for sure. :hihi:

Reason (any version): On PC or Mac it seems incapable of crashing, at least on my various systems over the years.
Ableton Live: Very stable and crash-free if I stick to its native devices and audio. Once I start incorporating 3rd party plugins and push the system harder then random crashes start occurring periodically, probably once every 2 or 3 sessions.
Logic Pro X: Rarely crashes, but when it does the cause is almost always when I'm loading or interacting with a 3rd party plugin. It's so good at recovering though that I can't recall ever losing any actual work when it has happened.

Cubase is without question the most crash prone DAW I've ever used. I am forgiving to programs that do it occasionally, but when it happens this frequently and randomly I eventually got to a point where I couldn't handle it any longer. It's a shame because there are many things I love about that DAW. Hopefully over the past couple of years this has been improved for current users who continue to soldier on with it.

EnergyXT2.7 on Windows7 64-bit. 1 crash every 6 months.

Wow, looks like some of you are blessed. I've gotten used to Ableton crashing now and then (and, to be fair, since I've upgraded my system and went x64, I've only had one crash and that was definitely a plugin's fault). It's almost like Live is firmly but gently telling me to go take a break, and maybe bounce a bit to audio to relieve my RAM. :lol:

I've used Live in, er live situations, and there I've stuck firmly to my prepared projects - like Qantas, never crashed.

a few times over the years with studio 1v2...not many.
dp8 could be convinced to wipe out by various plugins, but haven't had any crashes with 9 yet.
Feed the children! Preferably to starving wild animals.
--
Pooter | Software | Akai MPK-61 | Line 6 Helix | Dynaudio BM5A mk II

When I was using Reaper mainly - Never.
Podium - Never.
Harrison Mixbus V2.5 - maybe once every few days.
Tracktion 4 - If I zoom in too far to a waveform - always! - Otherwise very rarely.
Mixcraft - so much crashing I had to abandon using it.
Studio One Artist - Never.

But then I test heavily with plugins (as plugins are the main cause of most DAW crashes) to see which ones work well. I then get rid of the ones that don't to ensure stability.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Never.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”