Guess the Synth 21 ( Waldorf LARGO - 60 audio demos - Winner : Taifunk)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

BlackWinny wrote:For those who don't know who was Wolfgang Düren at the end of the seventies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba1xZJB4OAI
Thanks BW :tu:

Nice to know a bit more about history of music and instruments creators. It says a lot.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

chk071 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I just assumed all Waldorf synths were wavetable based.
They are, and so is Largo.
BlackWinny wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:The name of the synthesizer and the name of the company who created it have four (4) letters in common ! Is it on purpose, or just hasard ?
I don't think that it is on purpose.
:)

Largo is simply the traditional term given to the slowest tempo in classical music (from 40 to 60 bpm). And Waldorf's managing director is Wolfgang Düren, which is a passionate of classical music (and perhaps especially Händel). If I remember correctly I seem to recall that many years ago he tried to work with Tangerine Dream on a work based on old classical works at the same years he produced "Eyeless dreams".
Don't they have a thing for the Bond bad guys? :P Blofeld, Largo, and other Bond related stuff like Lector...
Yes I think you nailed it :tu: ( Though I would prefer James Bond girls of course :)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Taifunk wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Congratulations, Taifunk!
You've won a wonderful synth and without any doubt you will indeed have a blast with it!
Don't forget to show us a work you've made with Largo in the next weeks!
Laurent, it is a real pleasure to participate to these games and contests that you organize sometimes here!
thanks Black Winny :tu: :hug:
with all those smile seems xmas for me (here to me is 40 °C :drunk: )
Largo is amazing and I always wanted a waldorf! before now I have only been able to hear the fantastic sounds :)
BlackWinny wrote:Don't forget to show us a work you've made with Largo in the next weeks!
of course :tu:
BlackWinny wrote:Let's play all together the next Lotuzia's contest!
of course :tu:
chk071 wrote:Thanks. :) I'm not really sad that i didn't win because i already own Largo
I'm happy to know this :wink:
sfd wrote:Also...I've to say that this was a verynice competition and thread. Very friendly, very civil, very good atmosphere. This is what I would love to see more of here at KVR. :tu:
totally agree :tu:
sfd wrote:I also want to congratulate...my self. For not winning a....Serum !
Pheeeeew ! :-D
and this is the best post of the thread :lol:

I'm really happy to win, but even more so to have known you guys have given me a nice day! :hug:and thanks again to Lotuzia for allowing this :tu:
Thanks to all again who have participated in this game. And to Taifunk, I hope you make nice music with Largo !

The 4 audio demos again ( 60 different audio clips ) (Can be found also in the 1st post of this thread )

World of L.

W.O.L Demo A

W.O.L Demo B

W.O.L Demo C

W.O.L Demo D

LtZ
Last edited by Lotuzia on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow. Very rare to see a Waldorf largo soundest that's not trance-laden. Great job! Lots of variety there. :)

Lotuzia wrote:Thanks to all again who have participated in this game. And to Taifunk, I hope you make nice music with Largo !
Thanks! :tu: I'll do my best :wheee:

BlackWinny wrote:
I think that like me you would have had the worst difficulties to use Largo also. Incredibly wonderful sounds, I really love all the Waldorf instruments... but you and me have the same problem with the white GUI's and also with some colours. And you much worse than me alas, my friend...
:) :)
Indeed - that's very true.

Although Largo might be a great synth I wouldnt be able to use it due to it's white GUI and very small font.

Also - if the preset browser is very simular to the one of PPG wAVE 3 it would be even worse.

However, more and more developers are making either customizable GUI (so that you can use skins and/r cusotmize it the way preferable for you) or GUI's that are more friendly for the eys.

But there's still a long way to go.

Regarding the "battle for good GUI" I would like to quite Mahatma Gandhi : "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."

Taifunk wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Thanks to all again who have participated in this game. And to Taifunk, I hope you make nice music with Largo !
I think Waldorf has sent you the licence now. Have fun with it :)

sfd wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
I think that like me you would have had the worst difficulties to use Largo also. Incredibly wonderful sounds, I really love all the Waldorf instruments... but you and me have the same problem with the white GUI's and also with some colours. And you much worse than me alas, my friend...
:) :)
Indeed - that's very true.

Although Largo might be a great synth I wouldnt be able to use it due to it's white GUI and very small font.

Also - if the preset browser is very simular to the one of PPG wAVE 3 it would be even worse.

However, more and more developers are making either customizable GUI (so that you can use skins and/r cusotmize it the way preferable for you) or GUI's that are more friendly for the eys.

But there's still a long way to go.

Regarding the "battle for good GUI" I would like to quite Mahatma Gandhi : "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win."
Cant remember the browser in PPG Wave 3 but Largo browser is quite convenient and easy to use. As for the GUI, its well structured and easy to work with, but the fonts are small I agree, and there could lack some contrast for visual problems. For people with average vision, like the humble me, it's ok. Maybe you should contact Waldorf Jacques & Hakan, to see if they can do something about that. I think that people at companies are rarely aware of this kind of problems, and to explain them might change things. This is what I hope

masterhiggins wrote:Wow. Very rare to see a Waldorf largo soundest that's not trance-laden. Great job! Lots of variety there. :)
Thanks MH :)

@Lotuzia - as a remeber the demo of PPG Wave 3 the browser had a somewhat cyan color with very small fonts and bad contrast.

It's good to hear that Largo's browser seems to be better :-)

We all have opinions about the look of a GUI dependent upon our personal taste and needs.

So, for that reason I welcome when developers offer, at least, some customization options.
It might be in terms of skins, resizability, customizing fonts et cetera. Anything of that is always better then non of it :tu:

Well, well, Laurent... one helluva sound design job! You made Largo sing like nobody else. I'm gonna have to purchase that soundbank.

Lotuzia wrote:
Taifunk wrote:
I think Waldorf has sent you the licence now. Have fun with it :)
THANKS! :hyper: Sure,License received :tu:I have to wait until September to begin working with Largo,right now I only have an old notebook with me,but in the meantime I am using the demo version :hihi: (I confess I could not resist)Largo is an amazing synth,I have no words to describe it,the first thing that struck me is the great filters I fell in love They are unique and the drive and bass boost option wow :love:
It has a unique sound character so much character!unique features and an incredible workflow there is no limit and it is true is one of the best wavetable synthesizer!
ring modulator, oscillator sync, fm,FILTER FM i love it!...It has everything that you dream in a synth
I recommend everyone to try it I am sure you will love it
I take this opportunity to publicly thank all the guys of Waldorf :)
I'm really happy!Thanks again Laurent :hug:

When is the next copetition? :-)

sfd wrote:When is the next copetition? :-)
As soon as the summer holidays are finished for the French people!

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”