64bit OS X , When?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:But isn't that what Ruben does? Giving infos and stuff? There's a lot more info than there was like 2 or 3 years ago now.
What's the latest info about the 64-bit Mac version?

Well there have been infos about the upcoming update, which the 64-bit AU version should be a part of.

Teksonik wrote:Quote from a year ago........
Ruben(LD) wrote: Apple has decided to drop the graphical interface support which Lennard used to create Sylenth1, this means all of Sylenth has to been programmed from the bottom up.
This fact hasn't prevented to make 32-bit OSX version, so it seems like a new OSX UI API isn't an issue. Crossplatform software usually designed in such way, that it has a platform abstraction layer. In other words, only the OSX-related part should be reimplemented. If the plugin needs to be rewritten from scratch due to the changed API on one platform, then it has very poor design. And I think that author of such high-quality DSP engine as Sylenth1 couldn't make ​a poor design.

phantom-one wrote:
Ruben(LD) wrote: Apple has decided to drop the graphical interface support which Lennard used to create Sylenth1, this means all of Sylenth has to been programmed from the bottom up.
This fact hasn't prevented to make 32-bit OSX version, so it seems like a new OSX UI API isn't an issue. Crossplatform software usually designed in such way, that it has a platform abstraction layer. In other words, only the OSX-related part should be reimplemented. If the plugin needs to be rewritten from scratch due to the changed API on one platform, then it has very poor design. And I think that author of such high-quality DSP engine as Sylenth1 couldn't make ​a poor design.
Well you can read the quote from the Lennar Digital spokesman.......take it as you will......
Either he's wrong or you are......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
phantom-one wrote:
Well you can read the quote from the Lennar Digital spokesman.......take it as you will......
Either he's wrong or you are......... :shrug:
More like every developer who's ever talked about the pain of upgrading to 64bit OSX is wrong. Or he is.

2nd half 2015...

stiltskin wrote:2nd half 2015...
...in a galaxy far, far away...
I witnessed the Nice, France terrorist attack, told the story with a music video: https://youtu.be/eHhw4Bl9HOs

2010:

Music production software 64‑bit compatible? 64‑bit native?
Ableton Live 8.1 Yes No
Apple Logic Yes Yes
Avid Pro Tools 8.04 Yes No
Cakewalk Sonar 8.5 Yes Yes
Cockos Reaper 3 Yes Yes
Image Line FL Studio Yes No
Magix Samplitude Yes No
Presonus Studio One Yes Yes
Propellerhead Reason 5 Yes No
Propellerhead Record 1.5 Yes No
SSL Soundscape 6 Yes No
Steinberg Cubase 5 Yes Yes
Steinberg Nuendo 5 Yes Yes
A selection of plug‑ins 64‑bit compatible? 64‑bit native?
Antares Auto‑Tune Yes No
Arturia V Collection Yes No
Celemony Melodyne Yes No
EastWest Composers Collection Yes Yes
Fxpansion BFD2 Yes No
IK Multimedia Total Bundle Yes No
Native Instruments Komplete 7 Yes Yes
Spectrasonics Product Line Yes Yes
SSL Duende No No
TC Electronic Powercore Yes No
Toontrack EZDrummer Yes Yes
Universal Audio UAD Yes No
VSL Vienna range Yes Yes
Waves range Yes No

Worked all weekend and the biggest time waste was restarting my mac because Sylenth1 is completely unreliable with the Cubase 7/8 bit bridge - which works fine with the few dregs of other 32bit stuff.

I feel like the money and time i spent on Sylenth1 has comeback to bite me. I never expected something that is so popular to be so badly supported.

When companies behave this badly and they have a policy of not communicating what they're doing, it comes off not just as arrogant, but a big middle finger to hard working musicians and composers who pay for their software.

There's a longer term problem, any company that thinks it's ok to sit back and do nothing when the technology has moved on so obviously will probably do it again.

You'd have to think twice before buying any new products.
< nobody cares what you use >

quantize wrote: You'd have to think twice before buying any new products.
Lennar Digital? New Products? :lol: :lol: :lol:

...but they seem so happy maintaining just one broken product, obviously :clap:

Seems like things are still moving forward. Closed beta testing atm :)

alex-shore.com
Producer / Composer / Sound Design

mholloway wrote:

Troll much?

mholloway wrote:

:idiot: :smack:

alexmshore wrote:Seems like things are still moving forward. Closed beta testing atm :)

Cool! :) I am so looking forward to this!

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

chk071 wrote:
mholloway wrote:

Troll much?
Nah, not very much really. But I have come here occasionally to vent because, the fact is, I LOVE sylenth and it's been very, very frustrating trying to get by with the (constantly crashing) J-Bridge so I can use it in 64bit land.

Maybe the wait is over soon..??? Hope so! Trust me, I'll be using Sylenth every day again once it's running in 64bit smoothly on Mac!

Return to “LennarDigital”