BAD NEWS, EVERYONE ...!! (who is 'print' reader of Computer Music ...!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADM CM Blue Cat's FreqAnalyst CM Edition CM-101 CM-303 CM-505 CMplay Curve 2 CM EnergyCM IIEQ Pro CM LP10 CM WaveShaper CM

I like to read physical / print edition of CM but the truth is that as international customer, it's much easier and much cheaper for me to read the digital version.

I understand the problem of people with small bandwith but to be honest, how much people do really have bandwidth problems ?

deastman wrote:Who is still reading these magazines anyway? Every time I leaf through one of them at the store, all I see is reviews for software I've known about for months, and tutorials for making EDM basslines.
Printed tutorials with small pictures always seemed kind of ridiculous for me in times of Youtube, especially if I have to use a magnifying glass to see what's going on...nowadays the only interesting articles in all those mags are the interviews, the rest is beginner's stuff and hidden advertising anyways.

I mean - printed media in times of the Internet, how long will it last anyways... :roll:

As was said above, deals come round on Zinio every now and then where they practically give it away. It is a faff having to register to download samples etc, but compared to the price of the dead tree version, it is manageable :)

Teksonik wrote:I'm sure it was a cost saving measure. The cost of the DVD, case and additional postage/handling probably started to add up. If this allows them to provide more content per issue then it will indeed be GOOD news...... :wink:
LOL @ expecting more content after a "cost saving" measure, for a decent sized magazine a dvd probably costs about a dime a piece packaging/shipping probably bumps the total cost to 50 cents an issue ditching the dvd just doesn't seem very wise to me, dropping the print price a little bit or offering print only exclusives would be a better strategy imo.

Really unfortunate news I'm guessing after a <year it'll be a digital only release because I really doubt anybody's willing to pay ~$12-15 per issue for a magazine & download link and not long after that it'll just be a subscription website. Sign of the times I guess.
http://drunk3nj3sus.blogspot.com/ < My blog
Free samples, presets, etc.

deastman wrote:Who is still reading these magazines anyway? Every time I leaf through one of them at the store, all I see is reviews for software I've known about for months, and tutorials for making EDM basslines.
Pretty much all 'hobby' magazines are aimed at beginners. If you're not buying them anymore it probably just means you're beyond that level now.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote: Pretty much all 'hobby' magazines are aimed at beginners. If you're not buying them anymore it probably just means you're beyond that level now.
I never thought it was worth the price anyway... It's definitely aimed at beginners, which is fine.

I never really thought much of the samples. Or the cut down software. If I like the software I'd have a full version of it.

Print is on it's way out for those type of rack magazines I'd say... With the success of iPhone and the good old highly over priced iPad.

Blame Steve Jobs!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote: Pretty much all 'hobby' magazines are aimed at beginners. If you're not buying them anymore it probably just means you're beyond that level now.
I never thought it was worth the price anyway... It's definitely aimed at beginners, which is fine.

I never really thought much of the samples. Or the cut down software. If I like the software I'd have a full version of it.

Print is on it's way out for those type of rack magazines I'd say... With the success of iPhone and the good old highly over priced iPad.

Blame Steve Jobs!
Time marches on..........Seems the world is equally divided into the lemmings dashing blindly into the fray and the Luddites refusing to accept change. As for beginners I discovered DAWs and VSTs in 2001...I was a beginner then and in 2015 I still consider myself a beginner. There's always something to learn. Cut down software is preferable over crippled demos that emit noise or silence, and do not allow saving or export. To each his own.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

I wouldn't really say CM is for beginners. There's enough technical terms in the articles to make it hard for beginners to understand those... i'd rather say for ambitious amateurs. :) So what, i think it's a good thing. There's really some useful tips and tricks in there, and i don't need a technical degree, or be an expert to get it.

Karma_tba wrote:As for beginners I discovered DAWs and VSTs in 2001...I was a beginner then and in 2015 I still consider myself a beginner. There's always something to learn. Cut down software is preferable over crippled demos that emit noise or silence, and do not allow saving or export. To each his own.
If you want to get zen about it then yes, we are all still learning. So from that perspective I totally agree. We are all beginners. :)

But regarding CM, you can get all the info on the net, if you look. I just never liked the idea of waiting a month. :tu:

Plus a lot of the content was not all that relevant (for me, genre wise). The master classes are interesting, but generally quite sparse.

I won't say anything about their reviews.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Most cities in civilized part of the world offer free internet wi-fi spots.
Yes the speed is not very good, but still you can just sit in the spot for few hours and read a book or watch a movie on your tablet and download what you want.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Frankly, I didn't realize that they still distributed DVDs. I've done the digital thing for years and much prefer it.

The DVD is an unneeded expense. But I do get why people prefer them.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Instruments”