Windows 10

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dakkra wrote:GWX is their "Get Windows 10" application service thing.

I'm not willing to believe you're forced to enter your credentials. Maybe for a Microsoft Account or insider program but the OS wouldn't sell with companies or schools if they go that route.

Dakkra
Yes, it should be like that. Microsoft of course will want to push their services (same as Google btw), but it won't be mandatory. I personally like their stuff btw. They let you know pretty openly that they're making money with personalize ads, their online office suite is very comprehensive, their cloud system is at least as good as Google's, their map service is pretty good... don't like Xbox Music so much though.

Btw, calling GWX a "rootkit" is way, way, way over the top (and wrong anyway).

If something behaves like a rootkit (impossible to deactivate. Can only be removed with great effort!) then I'm calling it a rootkit. :shrug:

Nothing 'wrong' about that ...

"Kids! Get off my lawn!"

Well i'm trying to upgrade but i've staring at a "Working on it..." screen for about 30 minutes now...

If I ever get upgraded I'll let you guys know how it handles Mulab and other audio work :D

Dakkra
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

My wife's PC got done today. Mine's still waiting. Hers took about 10 minutes (after the download) and ended up hung (monitors saying "no signal"), needing a power cycle reset to get it to boot...

Well I just upgraded and Mulab appears to run fine. ILok had some issues. I'll keep playing ^^
My Setup.

Okay so my verdict: Windows 10 is fine for audio work. After manually updating some drivers, reinstalling things like ILok, and a handful of settings work, audio work and even development (programming, web dev, etc..) function fairly smooth with little to no issues. I haven't tested ASIO yet but Mulab works flawlessly on my machine now.

And no you are NOT REQUIRED to enter in your personal information to use Windows 10. Only if you want to use Microsofts services like Cortana, their Media applications, and so on. Windows 10 itself, is fine with a standard username and password.

Dakkra
My Setup.

Cool, thanks dakkra. Already read other, also positive feedback in another forum. Sounds like it's very solid, even when you upgrade it rather than do a new install. Obviously it should be like a new install, because it doesn't simply upgrade or write over old stuff, but rather performs like a real reinstall.

I took the plunge yesterday. Remarkably smooth. Mulab and MUX in Ableton both work fine. The only problems I had were driver issues for my audio interface (an old edirol fa-66) and controller keyboard (Roland A-500S). Installing the windows 8 driver fixed the audio interface and using the windows driver fixed the A-500S. So far, Win 10 seems nice.

In regards to Windows 10 and the ARM chipset taking the market by storm (overly dramitized I know) .... Jo, have you begun to compile for it? Might be something to consider thinking about. Would make MuTools stand out above the rest, just like it has been for the past 4 years for its modular capabilities.
What is the structural integrity of a compound when it is broken down to its wave form?

The same as everything else that surrounds it.

https://soundcloud.com/zendrix

Not yet planned. Will keep an eye on it. Currently (=the coming weeks/months) focused on other MU aspects, cfr http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=442838

Return to “MUTOOLS”