Use a DAW as a VST

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
I've recently found out that on windows you could use FL Studio as a VST inside another DAW. Does any other DAW have the same feature ? 
Thanks in advance.

Plogue Bidule...not precisely a DAW, but a modular plugin host with audio & MIDI sequencing.

Winstontaneous wrote:Plogue Bidule...not precisely a DAW, but a modular plugin host with audio & MIDI sequencing.
Thanks. Actually what I'd be interested in is a full DAW, with an arrangement, a mixer, etc.

Why VST only, rewire is what many hosts support too.

You can rewire Reaper into Reaper etc.
I don't remember all specifics but most daws support being rewire host - and can rewire other rewire clients in.

lfm wrote:Why VST only, rewire is what many hosts support too.

I don't remember all specifics but most daws support being rewire host - and can rewire other rewire clients in.
I've already read about that too. There is just one problem with this I think : I use Cubase as my main DAW, let's say I wanna rewire Live into it. When loading a Cubase project with a Live Rewire in it, will live automatically open and load the right project, or will I have to do this manually ?

Temper
Amazon: why not use an alternative

djeos546 wrote:

I've already read about that too. There is just one problem with this I think : I use Cubase as my main DAW, let's say I wanna rewire Live into it. When loading a Cubase project with a Live Rewire in it, will live automatically open and load the right project, or will I have to do this manually ?
I can't say exactly how each daw has implemented being a rewire slave.
For plugins it would be essential to load a plugin with it's parameters - so I assume a daw-maker would think the same.

It was three years ago I tested rewire Reaper into Reaper to see if midi worked, to see if notation would be possible that route. But don't remember for sure if the correct project was there because it was the last. I did not run many different projects.

ot Reaper wired into Live (and vice versa) works well for me and my usage.
BC

Maschine can be used that way...though some argue it is not a DAW.

djeos546 wrote:

hey i use cubase and ableton live suite also
you make you project with your rewire channels how you want it , set your groove agent or your live tracks up and right click the file menu bar and save as template and it will show up under the more section on the right on steinberg hub and cubase and ableton should open up when you choose it

edit : let me add you cant use 3rd party vst from live while in rewire mode only stock ableton instruments you have to launch all your 3rd party software through cubase
Faggotmaster

Is there a way I can record what I'm doing in Abletons Session View into the Playlist of FL Studio?

... energyXT v1
... XT2 (some releases, not the latest)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

mrgrim3 wrote:
djeos546 wrote:

hey i use cubase and ableton live suite also
you make you project with your rewire channels how you want it , set your groove agent or your live tracks up and right click the file menu bar and save as template and it will show up under the more section on the right on steinberg hub and cubase and ableton should open up when you choose it

edit : let me add you cant use 3rd party vst from live while in rewire mode only stock ableton instruments you have to launch all your 3rd party software through cubase
Thanks for the information. I wouldn't have used VSTs in Live anyway, but it's good to know ! ;)
So basically if I make an ableton live rewire track in cubase, when opening the project ableton live will be loaded the same as it was before closing the cubase project, right ?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”