Optimized CPU usage
7%
MuSynth as VST plugin
2%
More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
1%
Time Stretching
13%
Loop composer / clip launcher mode for intuitively building up patterns / live performances
16%
Freezing
8%
Arpeggiator / Step sequencer module, embeddable into front panels
14%
Scalable user interface, customizable fonts
3%
Other, specified in post
7%
None
2%

Total votes: 209

RELATED
PRODUCTS

FM Synth Module for Mux

You make good points Nielzie, but perhaps you could broaden your view of just what "boutique" means. On a global scale I think a boutique market would provide Jo with quite a comfortable income. Could you contribute any ideas to help facilitate that? Maybe he does need some flashy advertising after all!

You know, a video that looks like an action movie, with narration by some professional "voice over guy"! :lol:

I'm saying that boutique, in this sense, means it isn't Cubase or Pro Tools, etcetera. But still a nice market. Nice enough to pay the bills, and then some.

This has already been discussed long time ago (what direction MuLab should go in, etc.). I think Jo is smart and experienced enough to make his own descisions in how he should run his company. He has and sticks to his own plan, which is good :)

Isn't MuLab already in the "Boutique" or "Niche" corner of DAW-land?

PersonalIy I just think that if you run/own a business you always should think big, within the limits of course, to improve and expand.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:This has already been discussed long time ago (what direction MuLab should go in, etc.). I think Jo is smart and experienced enough to make his own descisions in how he should run his company. He has and sticks to his own plan, which is good :)
Of course! :) I never said anything otherwise.
Nielzie wrote: Isn't MuLab already in the "Boutique" or "Niche" corner of DAW-land?
Sure, this is what I have been saying!
Nielzie wrote: PersonalIy I just think that if you run/own a business you always should think big, within the limits of course, to improve and expand.
Nice post, Nielzie 8)

I was originally attracted to Muzys because it was different... then MuLab because it was small and not overloaded with stuff I never use. So I never ask for features but more for functionality. Although I don't use the modular aspect of MuLab, I can see it's very cool and I may (when I get the time) try to figure it out and utilize it. But the existing app only lacks some way to drop in audio loops and drag stretch them to tempo. The midi stuff is pretty much there. That's mostly what I do with it: midi VSTs and audio loops. My needs are simple though... Hoping the program remains "feature focused" not "feature laden."

:)

Mighty_ABOBA wrote:FM Synth Module for Mux
Good one, totally forgot, but FM is indeed very welcome :tu:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

DHR53 wrote:I was originally attracted to Muzys because it was different... then MuLab because it was small and not overloaded with stuff I never use.
I agree
this is really rare in these times ,unlike other that have thousands of unnecessary stuff.
every feature in mulab is excellent.

My wish is to have a filter for midi-data. When I prelisten midifiles with the sound of one track and there are programchange-messages in the file, these messages change the sound , if the plugin responds to programchanges. This can be quite annoying.

wibem wrote:My wish is to have a filter for midi-data. When I prelisten midifiles with the sound of one track and there are programchange-messages in the file, these messages change the sound , if the plugin responds to programchanges. This can be quite annoying.
Have you checked out the PizMidi stuff, there is something in there that should work.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Excellence. I had to log in again for this thread (usually I read without logging in).

I'm sure you know the main wish: Loop Composer/Clip Launcher
The other one I chose was: Time-Stretching

I would also see the "Rack Desk Organization" element realized. But that's not that big of a deal at least for me. Perhaps a Rack Group/Separator Option, with the ability to collapse and expand all the racks within that group. And perhaps make them more scaleable or something. Again though, no big thing.

The main one without a doubt is the Loop Composer/Clip Launcher. If you do this...then you might as well go ahead and take my money. :hihi: :clap: 8)
The Works of Tryezz: Spreading Vitality and Wisdom with the Arts and the Groove
http://www.tryezz.com

if you could in version 7 if it would be possible to preview a loop when your track is playing and for it too stay in time with the rest of your track when previewing that loop

and also merge audio clips would be great as well

Like those ideas of yours runaudio

runaudio wrote:and also merge audio clips would be great as well
Do you mean replace selected audio parts on a single track by one audio part that spans the time period of selected parts, or something else?

watch out ableton fl sudio studio one and all the rest of the big daws mulab 7 is comeing so what to see screen shots of this :hyper: :D

Return to “MUTOOLS”