Can someone please help me by defining these terms and explaining certain features?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am interested in purchasing Maize Sampler 2 for a vst project I am wanting to do. My project would be like a ROMPLER and contain different sampled patches created by me on a synthesizer. I understand the basics of the software, like mapping samples to the keys and editing the GUI, but there are a few things I am unclear on which I need to fully understand before I purchase the full product.

My vst would be a bit like reFX's Nexus where it would contain multiple sound banks. These sound banks would have different presets inside them that the user could use. Can this software do this or is it just a lost cause trying to attempt it?

Terms I am unclear on:

Groups:

What are groups? I have never heard or seen this terminology before. Are the like different sound banks or is the group the sound itself? I don't want to seem stupid or anything as I have a good knowledge on this stuff but I just can't get my head around them.

Sorry to seem vague but there is not much information on how to actually use the software on the website except the pdf document that you can download of the Maizesoft website which is also really unclear on certain features.

Hi, Maize sampler is good if you want to say turn one of your synths or sound modules into a VST instrument. It's a long winded but enjoyable process. In version 2 ( the current version as I type) you can add envelope pots to alter the attack, delay etc. unfortunately there are no resonance & cutoff pots which were in version 1! But this effect can be achieved with you DAW using control envelopes.
A group is basically a sound. In kontakt, you would create a sound using multiple samples. This is the same in Maize. You map samples across the range but the actual final tone is called a group.
If you are good in Photoshop, you can create a good GUI. It will be fairly simple, not as involved as Nexus, but useable.
Hope this helps!
'Only came outside to watch the night fall with the rain...'

Yes, you can do this in Maize. Groups are samplesets and instruments are group of groups (hope it makes sense!). In Maize, you can make an instrument (which is one or more groups (samplesets) with the predefined settings for the ADSR, LFO and so on).

So if you want to transfer one of your synth patch to Maize, simply sample the waveforms without ADSR setting on so people can adjust that to their taste in your Maize plugin instrument. Then, when in Maize, simply adjust the setting of your choice (pan, ADSR, LFO, voice mode, etc.) and choose the settings you want the user to be able to adjust on the GUI.

A Nexus style rompler is feasible but you would miss the filter (there's no filters in Maize), which is a big drawback for a synth based rompler.

the concepts are a little different between different samplers. In maize sampler, group is just a bunch of samples that share some properties. For example, a group can offset all it's sample's ADSR, can decide how those samples get triggered, etc. It's not related to layer or velocity.

Return to “Maizesoft”