NI Replika

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Replica doesn't show in the list in Ableton Live 9 64bit under Win 8.1 or Windows 10 for me.
Graphics card is GTX 260 with the driver that came out two days ago.

Some of the comments here are just way over the top imho. So basically NI shared something apparently for free and because of that if plugin is not working correctly we are not allowed to express disappointment because it was free? Come on gimme a break.

1. FACT- MY system is super stable! I run ton of 3rd party plugins including their own Komplete suite. Never had problems with any other plugin - zero - nada (u-he, klanghelm, sonimus, Nebula, Relab, eiosis) - including their own range from komplete.

2. FALSE - problem is specific and is related to outdated graphic hardware or operating system or badly operating system- like i said it did happen on win 8 it is happening on win 10 preview. Outdated graphic hardware? You gotta be kidding me. I do 3d rendering and at the moment i have 2x water cooled GTX Titan x which are supposedly state of the art graphic cards and each card does have 12gb of ram. (just don't pull me in debate Titan vs Quaddro) -

Outdated graphic? I mean come f***** on!!

Without getting into details let's just say that i have Adobe CC suite, Autodesk suite and so on. My job in company is tightly connected to super stable machine and yes i do have one and yes it is stable as stable computer can be.

Only issue i have with Replika. So excuse me - it is definitely Replika and not Ableton (can't say for Sonar but seems same case) ....

Apparently it's not that straightforward. I have it working fine on Win8.1 with Reaper, so it's not just a common Replika fault but Replika fault related to using it with...?

lesha wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Is this a Windows thing? It's working for me in Live 9.2 on Mac.
I believe so. It's a Live 9.2 32bit thing with the latest version of Replika, 9.2 64bit Live is fine.
The current version of Replika doesn't work with Live 9.2 64 bit on Win 8.1 either. I rolled back to the previous version and it's now working ok.

Just done a fresh install of Windows 7 and yet again Replika is causing nothing but problems with Ableton 64bit (like it did on my previous install with Ableton 32bit). Ableton kept crashing upon startup, could only get it to start by holding down Alt. And when it did actually start, Replika, Driver and Supercharger GT were not in my plugin list.

As soon as I uninstalled Replika = no more crashes and the other plugins showed up.

Giving up with this annoying f**king plugin now...

Since it doesn't work here in Ableton 9.2 64-bit either, I moved the DLL outside my VST folder until a bug fix will happen. As it works in Reaper, I only have to move it back to the VST folder if I use Reaper.
Let's hope they fix this someday...

Replika 1.2.1 is working here on 64bit Live 9.2 ... I used the original installer and then upgraded to 1.2.1 (after completely uninstalling v1.2.2).

How did you guys roll back? I just made the mistake of upgrading after not having a single issue, and now Live is acting up.

dtomaloff wrote:How did you guys roll back? I just made the mistake of upgrading after not having a single issue, and now Live is acting up.
Please read my post directly above yours. ;)

The problem remains with Live 9.2.1
It's easy if you know how

thecontrolcentre wrote:
dtomaloff wrote:How did you guys roll back? I just made the mistake of upgrading after not having a single issue, and now Live is acting up.
Please read my post directly above yours. ;)
I did. It doesn't help much for those who don't have the original installer though. I saw someone mention NI helping them roll back, but all I got from NI Support was a canned response that said they don't offer support on free versions. (Which is sad considering how much I've invested in their other products.)

For everyone wanting a 1.2.1 update (PC) - https://mega.co.nz/#!t1JW3SZT!s40BVD9Q4 ... GFrthMedfI

lesha wrote:For everyone wanting a 1.2.1 update (PC) - https://mega.co.nz/#!t1JW3SZT!s40BVD9Q4 ... GFrthMedfI
I SO appreciate it, thank you! I'm back up and running. :phones:

dtomaloff wrote:
lesha wrote:For everyone wanting a 1.2.1 update (PC) - https://mega.co.nz/#!t1JW3SZT!s40BVD9Q4 ... GFrthMedfI
I SO appreciate it, thank you! I'm back up and running. :phones:
:tu:

You can find updates (including previous version) on the NI site, much safer than a 3rd party download service ;)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... ch=Replika
1.2.1 is also available here.

Return to “Effects”