FIXED Ilok plugins dont work with Windows 10

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did the reinstall of ilok manager. Still don't work.

Also creative says my soundcard X-FI Titanium will not have a compatible driver until October :(

I was going to wait for others to be the testers.
Last edited by Jax Pok on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jax Pok wrote:I did the reinstall of ilok manager. Still don't work.

Also creative says my soundcard X-FI Titanium will not have a compatible driver until October :(

Just as well its not anything important, eh.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

A bit late for you but always check drivers are available before upgrading. Ilok works with the latest builds is last i heard but since i dont switch it doesn't really matter for me.

I can't see anyway whats the benefit to upgrade from 7 or 8 atm? Is there any?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

You can always roll back to Windows 7/8.1 if you did an in-place upgrade. Or a reformat and reinstall if you still have the backup media and the license key

ILOK just started working after another reinstall of ilok manager then after a restart no ilok can be found again. Looks like ilok manager only works in Win 10 if you reinstall it each time you boot.

Thanks for the tip I will try reverting windows back to 8.1

:lol: If Creative says not until October then your probably going to wait for four years. At least. :lol:
No signature here!

I had many problems installing License Manager until I used this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/290301. But you are right. It is giving me an error again, after having installed the latest version and runned it before. And I warned them like two months ago :roll:

It also helped with iTunes. Creative X-Fi is doing fine here with the latest drivers available.
Fernando (FMR)

You can try installing in compatability mode, ilok was working in some earlier builds this year
Amazon: why not use an alternative

My sound card started working by magic when I got back home but cant get in the creative control panel to enable audio creation mode. Compatibility settings don't work with ilok manager.

Found a fix for ilok in windows 10 that works for me.

In windows search box type services.msc
Click it
scroll down to pace in the list right click it then click start.

Ilok now works.
Last edited by Jax Pok on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I WAS AN EARLY ADOPTER AND I HAD A BAD TIME"

Running win 10 here - zero problems with ilok whatsoever. Never needed to do any tweak or fix or anything.

Weird...

kmonkey wrote:Running win 10 here - zero problems with ilok whatsoever. Never needed to do any tweak or fix or anything.

Weird...
Image problems are going to be more prevalent in systems that are upgraded rather than fresh installs.

The above is clearly just the service hadn't started or had been disabled to auto start
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Weird, mine is set to auto-start but the service wasn't running for some reason. I'm not a big fan of DRM, I'm on the fence and may sell my plugin since I haven't used it on a lot of projects.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

Hi!

An answer from UVI.net so you can use windows 10 and won't go beck to W8 or 7.

Please first try installing the latest iLok License Manager.

Then you may need to reset PACE services, so here is the procedure :

1) Quit iLok License Manager if currently running as well as any other binary that would be using our protection
2) Go the 'Start'
3) In the search field type in “services” (without quotes)
4) Choose “Services” from the search results
5) Within the Services window, look for “PACE License Services”
6) Right-click it and choose “Stop” from the pop-up menu
7) Leaving the Services window open, open a Windows File Explorer window
8) Navigate to the following location (this can be cut and pasted into the address bar) > C:\ProgramData\PACE\Eden
9) Delete all ”.sbd” files found there and then close the Windows File Explorer window
10) Return back to the Services window
11) Right-click “PACE License Services” and choose “Start” from the pop-up menu
12) Launch iLok License Manager and activate your licenses back to the system

It worked!

Algotezza

Return to “Effects”