no track height resize?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whats up with not being able to change the height of the tracks? is there a faster way to see everything on smaller screens without scrolling on big projects?
~Pyrotek45

For now there are only two fixed vertical views, single and double row height. Hopefully we see resizable tracks in the future.

And still no chances to resize track width in MIX mode. With large track names it's very useful feature!

Instead of this we have "REALLY IMPORTANT" shortcuts for User Guides

and for Check for updates function

LoL

Yes, track height resize this is very needed future!!
Mac OSX, Bitwig Studio, Spire, Massive

Not at all sure why this is yet to be implemented. It was an immediate FR when BWS was first released.

So Team Bitwig is aware. Now we just need to be patient. :tu:

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Yes, resizable track heights and crossfades (!) would make the arranger view a whole lot better for actual arranging... :D

Serious question: What would we be benefit from resizable tracks heights? There's nothing to edit there ...?

Overview wise, having single/double height on a per layer basis would handy.
Best option I think would be when single height track groups could unfold to double height clips in 1.2 .

well first off, you would gain a feature present in just about any current daw. secondly, in larger projects you can simply make all the tracks very small to see your whole song. good for arrangement and many other things. being able to control the size of individual tracks makes editing much easier as you can simply minimize the tracks you are not working on taking up screen space so you're not constantly scrolling(for instance lets say you have a big project and you want to copy a large portion over, you would have to drag and scroll down at the same time because none of it fits on the screen. its a big time waster and it makes things like that difficult to do). also being able to make a track bigger in some cases might need to happen for some people, (not everyone has the best eyesight you know). there are plenty to gain from track resizing, and coming from a new daw which is all about pushing the envelope, i find its a joke that track height adjustment is non existent.
Last edited by Pyrotek45 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Pyrotek45

svervs wrote:Serious question: What would we be benefit from resizable tracks heights? There's nothing to edit there ...?
I'm afraid i can't follow you here - why "nothing to edit there"?

Bitwig's clip launcher is fantastic for inspiration and quickly getting ideas down but when it comes to arranging or finetuning a song i'm used to edit my audio clips on a linear timeline, in context with every other audio clip - that's where the seperate edit window feels clumsy to me personally.

Audio editing for me mostly means chopping and rearranging drums (possible but due to narrow tracks not a lot of fun) or fading/crossfading (which currently isn't possible at all).
For years i used FL Studio and Ableton Live to build loops and weird sounds and then arranged all this stuff in Samplitude. I was hoping Bitwig would enable me to do all this stuff in one app - and it's not far from that, really. Resizable track heights and clip faders/crossfading and i would be pretty happy (for about a week, until i find something else to complain about... :wink: )

I work mainly with MIDI and being able to re-size the track to the full height of the scale will be tremendously valuable. As it is, scrolling up and down becomes a work flow killer. Some notes always appear above or below the current view in my set-up.

And yes, the tracks are editable in track view.

Even the MIDI editor panel in clip view is insufficient to see the full the scale, except in a size too small for me to clearly see.

It's certainly not a deal breaker, and is doable in the current form, but will be greatly appreciated once implemented.

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Something that helps me for now is this. Open the automation lane which can be resized to a degree and that will show waveforms midi notes etc. Its not the best solution but its better than having the limited resizing we have now. Hopefully we will be able to resize all with fluidity in the future. Mixer group and track resizing as well would be great. The new group tracks are great but they take up the full space of a track. I would love to make them even skinnier. :tu:

owensands wrote:Something that helps me for now is this. Open the automation lane which can be resized to a degree and that will show waveforms midi notes etc. Its not the best solution but its better than having the limited resizing we have now. Hopefully we will be able to resize all with fluidity in the future. Mixer group and track resizing as well would be great. The new group tracks are great but they take up the full space of a track. I would love to make them even skinnier. :tu:
This is my solution too, however audio and MIDI clips don't show contents in the automation lane when dragged. One of the main reasons I zoom in on the timeline is to align stuff.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
owensands wrote:Something that helps me for now is this. Open the automation lane which can be resized to a degree and that will show waveforms midi notes etc. Its not the best solution but its better than having the limited resizing we have now. Hopefully we will be able to resize all with fluidity in the future. Mixer group and track resizing as well would be great. The new group tracks are great but they take up the full space of a track. I would love to make them even skinnier. :tu:
This is my solution too, however audio and MIDI clips don't show contents in the automation lane when dragged. One of the main reasons I zoom in on the timeline is to align stuff.
Oh yes I think I know what you mean.When you start to drag it the image disappears till you drop it right? That is a bit annoying haha.

When I first started using Bitwig, I felt constrained by the lack of no vertical resize too. So i think I understand how you guys feel.

But now that I have used it for a while, I'm not sure that I even need it :shrug:
Geek Model wrote: Instead of this we have "REALLY IMPORTANT" shortcuts for User Guides
Huh? Not in 1.1.10 we don't. That's a pic of 1.2 custom shortcuts right? So you can choose to not set any shortcut for it.

WXLF wrote:When I first started using Bitwig, I felt constrained by the lack of no vertical resize too. So i think I understand how you guys feel.

But now that I have used it for a while, I'm not sure that I even need it :shrug:
Geek Model wrote: Instead of this we have "REALLY IMPORTANT" shortcuts for User Guides
Huh? Not in 1.1.10 we don't. That's a pic of 1.2 custom shortcuts right? So you can choose to not set any shortcut for it.
Do you really need any feature>? No. But would it be helpful, heck yes. This is one of the most requested features so i'm guessing we'll see it on 1.3

Return to “Bitwig”