Lemur4Bitwig Template now compatible with 2.1.1

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pls remove the midi target in Lemur, just use OSC target. All that Daemon setup is also not needed. You just select a midi i/o in Bitwig. Like you did with the home-pc. Also check if your firewall is blocking incoming data on port 8000. looks kinda like.

hope it helps..

cheers

hi thanks a ton it worked after all ! i had the firewall down but a virus protector seem to have blocked it still.

Hey Suloo,

just played around again with the lemur template.
could it be, that in the cliplauncher, the 2 buttons for OVR and automation are not responding? (the ones you use for overdubbing a clip)
Everything else in the lemur-template works fine in my configuration.
(mixer, devices, bidirectional reaction, changing tracknames etc..)
only those two buttons don`t seem to work.

cheers
timo

Hi Timo,

thx for the info, will check it.

;)

Hi,

I got the Lemur app and finally got it working and communicating bi-directionally. It has some great potential! However, I have a bit of lag between the app and the program.When moving a fader I see it move smoothly on the tablet, but in the program it jumps in blocks and it's smooth at all. This makes writing automation with the app near useless which is something I would have liked to have done with it. Any ideas how to speed up the communication?

Some other questions:

1) clip view on the app does not reflect what I see in bitwig. It works,but colours and labels are not on the tab.
2) Are there any plans to implement chords/scales feature like in the Push hardware?
3) How do you set up the XY pads?
4) Can I set up custom screens to control parameters for various synths from one screen on the app?

Thanks a lot and appreciate the great work so far.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Hi kev,

1: wich tab do you mean?
2: maybe, not sure yet. First 1.2 compatibility
3: there seems to be a bug currently with pads 2,3,4. But you just midi learn X first then Y afterwards.
4: not sure what you mean exactly. There is the device page wich lets you select any device and it's controls offered by Bitwig.

We'll look into the speed thing soon.

cheers

Hi Suloo,

1) Under the 03. Clips menu is what I mean. I can see the the scenes, but they are not numbered and they don't show the names of the channels. So triggering clips is a case of looking at the bitwig screeen and matching up the location of the clip. I have a picture below of the screen I mean.
2) :tu:
3) How exactly does midi learn work? I opened up an XY effect pad in Bitwig and clicked the X axis so it went into midi learn mode and then moved the pad in the app, but there was no response.
4) I experimented a bit more I think I have the hang of the device page. So I know how it works...
Clips.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey Kev2525,

you are using an outdated version of the template and probably also of the script. Please download all the latest files and check again.

you can find the links in post 1 of this thread.

thx

Hi Suloo,

Maybe I am being dense, but I cannot find the latest template. I downloaded the template from here from the site below. It has the file called "Bitwig_Lemur_Nexus(1280x724)_104" which I used the Lemur editor to push to my tablet. However, it only has the old one for download on the site?

Bitwig Template.JPG
The script I have it from here, how do I know if it's the correct version?
Github.JPG
Thanks for your support. It's much appreciated...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ah ok, you are using the old Nexus version. Yea sorry, that one has probably bugs. I was talking about the iPad version. You could also use the iPad version and maybe it resizes good to your tablet. Maybe not..

If not you would need to resize the objects yourself for now. I should delete the Nexus version maybe, since it's not really supported currently. We wanna redesign everything with canvas, then it might be possible to support more resolutions for Android tablets as well.

Hi Suloo,

I uploaded the ipad version and resized it and it works relatively well. I am still trying to get my head around exactly how the Device page works. And I can't get the XY pads to midi map correctly which is a bummer as I like the physics and adjustments you can make in the app. The app sends midi out for the keys and the pads, but with a bit of delay. Do you know if the latency settings in my soundcard effect this or is that an app side latency?

You should really start to think about that tutorial video you mentioned a couple of pages back because the documentation and upload process needs a bit of an update. This app has a lot of potential and could make the workflow of bitwig absolutely killer. I'm looking forward to seeing what the 1.2 update brings. To be honest I'm on the fence about buying a push controller, but i'm going to hold off to see what Lemur can do in 1.2.

Good work..thanks to you and the other guys who help put this together.

Kev

sorry to hear that the device page is not clear to you, actualy what is it that you do not understand? You select a device and then you get the controls. Macros, user parameters coomon etc. just watch whats happening in Bitwig. Its basically for two devices, one is the primary and one a free selectable. But you can also define other devices as primary. Currently only the first XY Pad works correctly. You select for example the X coordinate in Bitwig, and fix the pad with the controls to only move the x, so you can easy learn that one. Same for Y.

It will take a while still until we get back into work really, waiting for final 1.2 and waiting for OSCmux for OSC over USB, this should bring some more speed.

Currently it's really summer break, and i'm in the middle of the process of mooving my flat and settle down in a new place, so i do not have time to work on this sadly. It could take until the end of the year until everything is set up proper for 1.2 honestly. We spent a lot of time early this year and now we wanna wait until it makes sense to bring it up again.

cheers

Good news, it appears we now have OSC over usb: http://audiomux.net

Haven't tested it yet, but will be shortly.

awesome! thx for the hint ;)

of course, my pleasure. This is from the developer, Pascal:

"We haven't upgraded the manuel yet, if you want to use the OSC part in
Lemur for example. Please set the outgoing ip to 127.0.0.1, so the app
sends the osc to the local host and midimux can receive the osc data.
The same is true if you want to send OSC from your Mac/Pc to your iPad."

Return to “Controller Scripting”