TX16WX crashes Reaper,Fl-Studio and Live

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello folks,

I'm trying to use TX16WX again after a long time of absence in my Reaper live Setup. So i removed the old version and downloaded and installed the new version. Now I'm having a problem. Whenever i add tx as an FX to a Track which is armed for recording and also has monitoring on, the plugin crashes and ultimately crashes the entire DAW.
To reproduce: (Reapers demo should be fine for testing)
  • make sure that the audio setting is correct. If there is a mistake or none is set the error won't appear
  • create a new Project
  • add a new Track (no virtual instruments... although it might cause it too)
  • arm it for recording (red button on the left) and activate monitoring (the small grey play button in the middle/right ... should be green)
  • Click on the FX button and add TX16WX.
  • Click + and save Preset as default/Or add a Performance/...actually don't know what exactly is causing it at this point. Seemed like doing anything except doing nothing will cause it. After a bit of testing it seems like turning on record on cc 2 and midi channel 1 causes it every time
  • Close the FX window
Here is the dump file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbmv9qp41ufu7 ... .mdmp?dl=0

Looking forward to any comment on it.
Last edited by ExTheSea on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExTheSea,
I tried to reproduce this to no avail. Though I am unsure what you mean exactly with "turning on record on cc 2 and midi channel 1" (I understand the sentence, but not how to translate it into reaper).
The dump is interesting in that it suggests something that should not be possible. If I would make any guess, you have either auto play or auto sampling trigger enabled in your settings, and something (that I have yet to reproduce) goes wrong there. You could try to delete your old TX settings file and see if stuff works then...
I will try to find the root cause.
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

First of all: Thanks for the quick reply. You are doing an awesome job :D
With cc2 and midi channel 1 I meant to go to the Wave Editor in TX16Wx to the Recording section on the right and then check either CC and Key. My settings when i get the crash were Midi Channel set to 1 and CC set to 2 and checked. Don't think it really matters though which ones were set.

I don't really know where the tx settings file is so I tried just reloading the settings inside the plugin but that didn't do anything different.

To help understand what is happening I made a quick screen capture where i reproduce the error in a fresh Reaper project. The import part is: The Track has to be armed in Reaper and CC or Key has to be checked in TX. (Btw. adding a New Performance doesn't change anything from my tests)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bexhrb4p3xlh ... X.wmv?dl=0
I hope the Video format is okay.... I have to admit I edited it in Windows Movie Maker :/
Btw. The order also has no real meaning. I also once added the track. Added Tx to it. Checked CC. Then closed the FX window. As soon as i then armed the Track the Exception arose.

Update:
I'm currently in the process of reevaluating FL Studio (I'm using a new freshly installed demo version) for my live setup and as a test I tried Tx16WX again after reinstalling it (just to be safe. Also i tried both the 32 and the 64 version).
I was able to reproduce the error immediately (just loading up the plugin, going to the wave editor, checking the CC checkbox and closing the plugin window).

For more information:
I'm using Win7 (with automatic updates so it should be the newest version)
and as audio I use a Scarlett Focusrite with an ASIO driver by Focusrite.

Another Update:
Could reproduce it in Live 9 Lite as well. I'm starting to get the feeling that it might a problem with my installation of tx but i reinstalled it several times now. Could it maybe be some file which didn't get uninstalled and is now persisting the error through multiple installations?

First off, sorry for the delay with this. I'm a bit busy lately.
Second, thanks for taking the time drilling down on this. Your repro was spot on, and it was of course a rather silly bug.
I've done a fix for this, and I'll post it asap. With a little luck this is the same issue as has been reported for FL studio (though the problem has nothing to do with host).
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Btw. no need to say sorry. I was busy too testing Fl Studio. You do so much for this Sampler you would deserve a little free time :D
No problem glad I could help :)
For future Reference if anyone stumbles over this thread:
The 2.4.1c hotfix fixes this issue.

Return to “CWITEC”