Bitwig 1.2b3 with Aalto 1.7 w/MPE

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just grabbed the Aalto 1.7 update with MPE support and am wondering:

- Does the current BW1.2b3 have support for MPE? I don't see any specific mention of it in the app
- If it has MPE, is it now possible to use Aalto with Bitwig's note expression?

I don't actually have an MPE-capable controller but am hoping that i can edit the control automation for individual note expressions in VSTs

Cheers!

Im beta testing BW 1.2b3 with a Madrona Labs Soundplane/Eigenharp and Aalto :)

Currently, in 1.2 betas MPE cannot be sent to any VST (or external midi devices) :(

I raised this with BW very early on in the beta, and they have said they are looking into it, but its not been confirmed if MPE with VST support will make it into the 1.2 release.

I really hope so, as MPE with polysynth is nice... but would be real shame not to be able to use Aalto which is pretty much my go to synth. (and a very different animal to polysynth!)

thetechnobear wrote:Im beta testing BW 1.2b3 with a Madrona Labs Soundplane/Eigenharp and Aalto :)
ah yep i've seen you on the ML forum :)
Currently, in 1.2 betas MPE cannot be sent to any VST (or external midi devices) :(
so it only works with BW devices? okdoke. was really hoping that MPE would be the missing link to vsts to control polyphonic expression, with just a mouse and the polyphonic editor in BW or with a MPE controller.

cheers for the info!
g

Return to “Bitwig”