Should I get Blue Yeti mic or Komplete 10?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a hard choice for me. :help: I know Blue Yeti is not the best mic out there cause its USB. And im not sure if it will pick up the bassiness of my voice. But I want to start singing. :)

On the otherhand, I want and need good drums, orchestra samples, and some Guitar samples. I heard its a good vst collection, but its not the best of the best.

Save a bit more and get both? :)

Too expensive.

Get Komplete. You don't need a mic to start singing, just to learn mic technique. Besides, the Yeti is not a good mic for voice (singing).
"All generalizations are false".
"Don't quantize me bro"!

I thought the Yeti was designed for podcasting / videocasting. My son uses one for voice-overs on his youtube channel.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Gribs wrote:I thought the Yeti was designed for podcasting / videocasting. My son uses one for voice-overs on his youtube channel.
Apparently there a number of different models. The 'pro' version is a multi-pattern LDC, and at $199 US it is the cheapest one that I have ever seen. I want to get one out of curiosity alone. If it were actually usable it would be awfully convenient.

So many reasons to spend money. And you always think: "It's only $199!", or "It's only $139!", or "It's only $89.99!". And then your water heater dies or hail destroys your roof and you have to use yet another credit card, and so on and so on....

Damn you GAS! Damn you all to hell!!

:wink:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”