T6 feature requests and bugs

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheoM wrote: Are you familiar with rewire? In the meantime I believe there is a rewire tool that can do it fully synced as a slave to tracktion (which is a rewire master) - IIRC that is,
Thanks, Theo. No, I've neve used rewire. But if there is some way of setting up T6 to trigger a synched video playback, that would be great.

MLXXX wrote:
TheoM wrote: Are you familiar with rewire? In the meantime I believe there is a rewire tool that can do it fully synced as a slave to tracktion (which is a rewire master) - IIRC that is,
Thanks, Theo. No, I've neve used rewire. But if there is some way of setting up T6 to trigger a synched video playback, that would be great.
I really screwed up here - very sorry to all to take the topic of course so you and I can continue this in PM if you like mate.

I was thinking of RE sync which is a video sync program for propellerhead reason. Because propellerhead invented the rewire protocol, i presumed this program was using rewire to sync to Reason ( i really don't know how else it does it, but apparently it does!)..It's using some sort of proprietary thing that works only with Reason. Sorry to get your hopes up. That said, i am determined to now find out how to sync video to DAW's that don't support native video playback - so i might start a topic about that to see if anyone else has some valuable input - and we can talk about it in there. So in the meantime, consider a +1 for your request for tracktion to have at least a basic video playback track. To all, and Jules - has there ever been any word about this either way?

Feature Request: Multiple Marker channels.

I would prefer it if you could create multiple marker tracks and position them like normal audio tracks. Sometimes I find myself having to create Timecode markers and align them to bars so that I can have labels and sub-labels.

Also, is the bug database dead now?
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I find that Tracktion 6.2.1.0 no longer can find SampleTank 2.5.4 even when I "Run as Administrator." What gives? Reaper still sees it with no problem. Help me!
Win11 (64-bit) | 2.6GHz Intel i7 9th Gen, 16GB RAM | UAD Volt 2 | Tracktion Waveform 12 Pro/Cockos Reaper 7/Ableton Live 11 Standard/Presonus Studio One 6.5 Pro | A multitude of paid-for and free VST plugs/samples

For some reason, 6.2.1 32-bit on OSX Yosemite has started crashing every time I click to open a new edit.

Discovered two bugs/oddities just now. One pretty major, one just odd design, really.

(Win7 x64, Tracktion 6.2.1 x64)

Major Bug: Recipe for an instant Tracktion disappearance:

1. Insert audio clip on track 1
2. Set track 2 to record track 1
3. On track1, click on 'click folder containing' or 'click submix containing'

Minor oddity: Counterintuitive behaviour

1. Create an empty track.
2. Try and drag a new 'Freeze Point' plugin before the default Volume/Pan plugin on the track
3. This wont work, it wont create the Freeze Point.
4. Try and drag a new 'Freeze Point' plugin after the default Volume/Pan plugin on the track
5. This will work; it creates the Freeze Point fine.
6. Drag the newly created Freeze Point from where it was created to before the the default Volume/Pan plugin.
7. This, despite the failure at Step 2, will actually work.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Running Tracktion 6.2.1 x64 on Win7 64 bit. None of the ready-made rack presets load. They are listed, but when I drag one onto a track or attempt to load a preset into an empty rack, nothing happens. I don't generally use in the rack presets that come with Tracktion, so is there at least a way to remove them from the list so that they are not cluttering it?

I also noticed some of the Tracktion folders in AppData/Roaming are labeled "Tracktion 4", which I have never installed. Is this just an oversight, or could this be related to my issue?

Thanks.

Same problem with the rack presets on 8.1 and 10 64 bit.
They will load from the browser but not the menu. Seems a recent bug.

Don't worry about the Tracktion4 folder. I think its just a backward compatibility thing for those running multiple versions.

MaxC wrote:None of the ready-made rack presets load
Thanks MaxC, this will be fixed in 6.2.2

whyterabbyt wrote:Major Bug: Recipe for an instant Tracktion disappearance:

1. Insert audio clip on track 1
2. Set track 2 to record track 1
3. On track1, click on 'click folder containing' or 'click submix containing'
Thanks, this should be sorted in 6.2.2

Workflow of dragging preset from the browser across the screen to the mixer (which instantiates a vsti, instead of changing preset on an existing one) is crazy.
FR: left pane (browser) option to make it appear on the right.
Or pressing enter on a preset in the browser makes the vst last opened to load it.

I sometimes wonder how these 'common sense' things get past the team implementing the browser.

FR2: dragging a bunch of fxp files from windows explorer to the browser generates native tracktion presets.

urlwolf wrote:Workflow of dragging preset from the browser across the screen to the mixer (which instantiates a vsti, instead of changing preset on an existing one) is crazy.
urlwolf wrote:I sometimes wonder how these 'common sense' things get past the team implementing the browser.
Considering the size of the TSC team and their responsiveness, some of us prefer to think they're performing miracles.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

How big is the team?
Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing to Tracktion. Some really innovative thinking.

One question. Is there a way to get midi assigned to any new vsti I add? This is how it works in S1, FLstudio. In T6 I have to go and select the midi device. This makes the vsti window to hide, so I have to go fish it out again.

One more question.
Some plugins have a tiny GUI. In FLstudio, one can go to the plugging wrapper window, select options > processing, then select 'make bridged' and 'external window'. If the OS has a font scaling (1.5 for example), then the plugin will be rendered 1.5 times bigger. This is a really awesome feature.

I was hoping T6 would have some way to get the same effect (bigger GUI for VSTI). Is this possible or planned?

Thanks! I bought the book, and I'm seriously considering moving to T6.

urlwolf wrote:I was hoping T6 would have some way to get the same effect (bigger GUI for VSTI). Is this possible or planned?
There was a thread about this within the last few months, so fingers crossed.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Return to “Tracktion”