Patchwork 1.71 - crash with SonicCharge Microtonic

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
HI Guys,

I can consistently crash Patchwork 1.71 when I load SonicCharge Microtonic 3.1.1 drum machine
http://soniccharge.com/microtonic (http://soniccharge.com/microtonic)

This was checked in the standalone version of Patchwork as well as in Pro Tools 12.0

hopefully this can be fixed at some time in the future

thanks

Charles
Chuckly

Thanks for the heads up. Are you running a Mac or Windows machine? If you are on Mac, does it happen with both the VST and AU versions of this plug-in?

I am running windows X64 (Windows 7 ultimate SP1)
Let me check the VST version to see if the same thing happens.

Charles
Chuckly

Hi,

i confirmed the crash in the VST windows version of patchwork ( via Sonar )

Charles
Chuckly

Hi,

after further analysis, it looks like the plug-in is using longer presets names than specified by the VST standard, which corrupts the memory. We should be able to issue a fix shortly.

A new version has just been uploaded. You can download it from the plug-in download page (link received by email): just click on the "next release preview" link to get it.

Please tell us if it fixes the issue for you too!

Hi. Magnus here. I just saw this thread and I recently answered to a post on our own forum regarding this problem here: http://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/603- ... -but-au-ok

In short I also suspected the long patch names to be the problem. I apologize for bending the VST rules and causing all this trouble. When I first did it I planned on implementing a list of hosts that had been verified to work with longer names, but after the beta test it hadn't broken a single host so I thought what the hell, I'll just go with it and see what happens. :)

Hi Magnus! Thanks for posting in this forum.

In fact we already fixed a similar issue some time ago (for this particular plug-in I think) but somehow the same issue remained in another part of the code, which is now called every time the plug-in is loaded. PatchWork used to reserve twice the length, but it looks like it required a bit more for this plug-in :-).

Feel free to contact us by email to get a NFR for our hosts so that you can add them to your supported hosts list!

Sorry for taking a little while to get back to you on this one - I have been away traveling !

Beta version checked and confirmed working in Pro Tools 12.2 (AAX) and Sonar Platinum ( Ipswitch release, September 2015) (VST64)
  • Patches & presets working fine, including presets browser
  • playback Sync working correctly
  • appears delay compensation is correct ( need to do a little more checking)
  • MIDI file drag and drop of patterns working properly in both Pro Tools and Sonar
thanks

Chuck

BTW - thanks Magnus for your engagement here !! I love your plug ins !
Chuckly

Thanks for testing!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”