Does anybody uses Vengeance Producer Suite - Phalanx?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering if Vengeance Producer Suite - Phalanx is a good investment- how you like it?

Another important question is,if it is possible to assign all Phalanx pads to MIDI channel #1 and split keyboard in to zones? Is there a way to set up keyboard zones without using different MIDI channels. I like to play at a live show and be able to split keyboard to several regions with different samples on each region played from the same midi channel, as keyboard can not transmit more than one MIDI channel in Single mode. Thank you.

Not for you if you want it for multisampling. Kontakt 5 is the best for that. You probably can fiddle some zoning out of Phalanx, but that's not what it was designed to do. It's strength in my opinion, is in being the best one shot sampler ever designed for dance music. Manuel put a lot of thought into the workflow of Phalanx. It's the most fun and easiest sampler I've ever used. There's a demo. If you are actually serious about it, you should try it, and see for yourself.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Thank you for your reply. I dont like installing demos, especially demos with tones of samples. I use SSDs and it kills space fast, and when you uninstall- it not always has all the space back.

I have Kontakt 5. Just need to get to it. Phalanx sounds promissing to make Dubstep-like music. My thing was- I wanted to play Dubstep pattern with different sounds from the same keyboard in real time instead of step-recording them. I can do much more complecated combinations with my finders on keyboard, compared to mouse. Or- at least- assign lets say 5 woobly sounds to 5 sample pads and then audition them from the same keyboard without switching the MIDI channel in DAW. I want to play all 5 of them, not one at a time. I have many other ways to play one sound at a time. The point of having 16 pads is to be able to use all 16 at the same time from the same keyboard or padboard, but not trigger them at the same time. I for example, have Maschine. That thing does not transmit MIDI when it is in PAD mode. I can assign samples to pads via Maschine software, however, I would not be able to assign different MIDI outs to each pad. So when Machine transmits MIDI, it acts as a regular keyboard with one MIDI channel. So if my PADS transmit to the same channel, but samples have zones, it would allow using Maschine pads with Phalanx. If you using it- you should know if there is such an option to set key region or zone. I have seen it on the picture, but it was showing it as MIDI Ch 5- D2 MIDI ch 6- E3 and so on. Here- follow this link and click on Midi settings & Arpeggiator screenshot: http://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins. ... =Vengeance Producer Suite Phalanx&issue=PICTURES

:)

.-.
Last edited by Orbit-50 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Phalanx has a "drumkit" mode, which allows you to play 16 different samples (or loops) on midi channel 1, and assign each loop to a midi key you want. Check here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN74pae8fkg at 1:10min

Oops! Thanks for the info Manuel.

.-.

Phalanx is a beast, i can highly recommend it.
Finally!

Thank you, this is what I was looking for.

Anyone uses Phalanx and can tell me if it is possible to edit an audio sample inside the DAW, and then dragging and dropping it onto one of Phalanx' pads? (as Phalanx has no audio editor)

Sorry- I did not try it yet. I just recently bought and installed Phalanx. It has some interesting tools to work with the sample, but I am not at my computer now to tell you if I can drag the wav file in the pad. One thing I am not happy with is that it does not feel like 3,000 sounds as they claim. The number of programs is actually pretty limited, and you have to buy expansions, which makes Phalanx very expansive. But it sounds good and interesting tool. I enjoyed using it. I may try it later, also red the description- I am not sure which file format it takes- it should be on their web site... I am not that far yet.

If you want you can buy the 6,000 sample version (or expand to it I think), but that's the great thing about samplers, is being able to use whatever sounds from anywhere you want. Buying other libraries or using your own is where all the fun happens.

.wav files work btw :tu:
tristan- wrote:Anyone uses Phalanx and can tell me if it is possible to edit an audio sample inside the DAW, and then dragging and dropping it onto one of Phalanx' pads? (as Phalanx has no audio editor)

Yes it's a drag and drop process. Phalanx has it's sample folders on the left side of it's interface. Here you can chose anywhere location on your computer to load the samples. So once you find the sample you want, you just drag and drop it from the left side of (inside of) Phalanx onto one of the 'Padslots' of Phalanx.

stikygum wrote: Yes it's a drag and drop process. Phalanx has it's sample folders on the left side of it's interface. Here you can chose anywhere location on your computer to load the samples. So once you find the sample you want, you just drag and drop it from the left side of (inside of) Phalanx onto one of the 'Padslots' of Phalanx.
Thanks for the reply. you didn't understand what I meant though -
I meant a situation where you bounce some audio inside the DAW, and then drag and drop it from the DAW into one of Phalanx' pads.

Didn't really get Phalanx. Tried it but I didn't find it that impressive considering everything you can to in it can be done in your average DAW in a fraction of the time. Way too many one shot percussion samples, in fact the bulk were percussion. Just didn't understand what it actually is, a drum sampler?? but it doesn't have the basic features of a drum sampler. Maybe I should've spent more time on it or something, just did not get it.
Scratch simulator was ok, I guess.

I think that Phalanx is incredible. It's a great sampler which on one side is awesome for an entire A-Z drum mixing (all internal, including quality FX section) and on the other side it has awesome functions for looping of samples, offsetting them, modulating everything. to me, it's a dream machine for electronic music. but with software, each has his own requirements for workflow I guess.
regardless of Phalanx, anything that comes out from Vengeance or Keilwerth audio IMHO is pure gold.

tristan- wrote:Anyone uses Phalanx and can tell me if it is possible to edit an audio sample inside the DAW, and then dragging and dropping it onto one of Phalanx' pads? (as Phalanx has no audio editor)
yes thats possible, but only with certain DAWs which supports this (for example Cubase)
you can grab any audio track/fragement from cubase' sequencer and drop it into a phalanx sample slot

Return to “Instruments”