Did you know this thing about Tone2 plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote: I had to spend three hours listening to the envelopes of a vintage Buchla just to recover.
That's my quote of the week. Thank you :lol:

chk071 wrote:Especially as the Tone2 synth's envelopes are some of the best in the business IMO.
Totally agree... They are class imo.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I think they just want to keep as many people as possible from selling their plugins because they never know whether the original buyers really stop using them. It's better to earn 50 or 75% of the regular price than a transfer fee.

All tone2 synths have volume decays gated so audiby, that it's not funny any more. Markus said he wanted to save CPU, but if you don't suffer with tinnitus (i don't) then you will hear abrupt decays. Sure, the presets have a huge amount of reverb hiding this thing...

KingTuck wrote: You're an idiot. This is factually wrong. Their installer does no such thing, there is no such "side program". The installer checks the install directory for pirated licenses, nothing fishy about that. Where you got your info I don't know, but it's retarded that you have such confidence. You need to take a step back and learn to think a bit.
Just out of curiosity, to check if this is still true or not, I downloaded Firebird and Electra installers and installed them into a sandbox for analysis. Tone2 installer does do this scan. It tries to find all the VST directories in your system and if it finds any then it will do a deeper scan inside all the subdirectories, obviously trying to find any pirated copies of Tone2 software. It also seems to have hard-coded list of some directories to try (most likely to shorten the scan time) and it will also query registry for various paths. If it finds any licenses it does not like it will delete them.
I was too lazy to check properly with full traffic capture if it phones home too but I did not see any suspicious sessions opened during install or use of plugin.
No signature here!

Please guys, stay on topic. I wrote it before, don't want to lock the thread. If you wanna discuss about Tone2's copy protection, please use another thread. This is solely about the OP. And we all know where the copy protection discussions end up anyway. In deepest shitland.

I won't even install a Tone 2 demo product any more. I don't trust Tone 2 or their software one bit.

Ok you can lock the thread now because there is nothing useful in the OP......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Will do so now. :) And because of this bloody awesome feature of this forum, i will also take the moral closing words. There are people who just can't argue without expressing their antipathy in every single word which makes them absolutely resistant to any ratio. The internet is full of them. Thanks for the attention. :P

Return to “Instruments”